Metro-East News

July 7, 2014

Residents escape as home burns near Belleville

No one was injured early Monday in a fire that seriously damaged a home in unincorporated Belleville.

The blaze started at about 2:14 a.m. in a bedroom of a house at 302 Berkshire Drive, according to Northwest Fire Protection District Chief Dennis Oaks. The Villa Hills Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the flames.

"A gentleman and his son lived there," Oaks said. "They were able to escape without injury. It's repairable, although the fire burned through the roof. We don't have a cause at this point."

The Red Cross has provided assistance to the displaced residents while their home is repaired.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Editor's Choice Videos