Scattered thunderstorms early Tuesday brought much-needed rain to the metro-east but caused some traffic slowdowns during the morning rush hour.
There is a 50 percent chance of storms in the National Weather Service forecast Tuesday with the most likely chance for rain wrapping up by about 9 a.m. After that, skies are expected to become partly sunny with a high of 89 degrees.
There is a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast Tuesday evening with a low of 66 degrees.
On Wednesday, a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms is expected during the day, when the high will be 87. During the evening, the chance of storms will increase to 60 percent and the low will drop to 68.
Thunderstorms are also likely Thursday, with a 60 percent chance during the day. The high will be 84, dropping to 68, with a 50 percent chance of storms during the evening.