Metro-East News

August 28, 2014

Rainy weather finally cools off metro-east

The extreme heat that has covered the area for a week has finally fled, with the high Thursday expedcted to reach only 91, according to the National Weather Service.

Officials have lifted a extreme heat advisory that had been in place all week, and the cooler weather has brought with it a chance for rain over the next several days.

A 40 percent chance of scattered thunderstorms is in the forecast for the metro-east Thursday with the most likely time for rain coming after 2 p.m. The chance of storms will extend into the evening hours when the low will drop to 71.

The high Friday will be 88 with a 20 percent chance of rain during the daytime hours. Friday night the chance of rain increases to 50 percent with a low of 70.

Rain will remain a threat over the weekend with a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day Saturday, when the high will be 87. There's a 40 percent chance of rain Saturday night and a 30 percent chance Sunday, when the high will reach 87.

Storms hitting the region Wednesday evening ushered in the cooler weather.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Editor's Choice Videos