Temperatures are expected to be well above normal in the coming week.
But they’re likely to be accompanied by a lot of wet weather, according to the National Weather Service.
Skies will be cloudy Monday when the high temperature will be 68. There is a slight chance of a shower during the day. But the likelihood of wet weather increases to a 50 percent chance Monday night when the low will drop to 60.
The mercury will shoot up to 79 Tuesday, when the chance of a thunderstorm is pegged at 40 percent.
Never miss a local story.
That’s 15 degrees warmer than the average high temperature of 64 for this time of year in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
The chance of storms will increase to 50 percent Tuesday evening when the low will be 59.
On Wednesday, there is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms during the daytime hours when the high will reach 78. During the evening hours there is a 60 percent chance of storms with a low of 62.
Storms late Wednesday and early Thursday have a chance of becoming severe, possibly spawning tornadoes and large hail.