The strong storms that battered the St. Louis region Tuesday morning were followed in the afternoon by brief power outages in the metro-east.
According to information posted on Ameren Illinois’ website, outages were reported shortly before 3 p.m. in parts of northwest St. Clair County and southwest Madison County. Most of the outages were reported in Collinsville, with as many as 5,000 customers without power.
Several hundred more customers were without power in an area extending north from Sauget to East St. Louis and Brooklyn and then east to Fairmont City and Caseyville.
By 4 p.m., power had been restored.
Never miss a local story.
A 60 percent chance of thunderstorms remained throughout the rest Tuesday with a high temperature of 80. The chance of storms decreases to 40 percent overnight, with lows dipping to 62.
The high Wednesday will be 80 with a 40 percent chance of storms. Overnight there is a 70 percent chance of storms with a low of 66.
Severe weather is likely on Thursday with a 70 percent chance of thunderstorms. The high will be 78 with a low of 48.
The sun will return Friday and Saturday with much cooler temperatures. It will be 63 Saturday and 67 Sunday.
The possibility of severe storms is back in the forecast for the early part of next week.