One Edwardsville establishment failed a liquor compliance check in late September by selling alcohol to an underage buyer, according to the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
The store in question, called The Store, at 701 Hillsboro Ave. failed the compliance check. Along with local law enforcement, the commission checked 24 other stores – pharmacies, service stations, department stores and grocery stores – that refused to sell liquor to the underage buyers.
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission and the Illinois State Police checked 25 locations, including nine shops that had previously failed.
Other locations in Edwardsville checked in September include:
Never miss a local story.
▪ CVS Pharmacy on Buchanan Street
▪ Ron’s Shell Service on East Vandalia Street
▪ BP Amoco on South Buchanan Street — 3 prior violations
▪ Joe’s Market Basket on South Buchanan Street — 1 prior violation
▪ Edwardsville Market on South Buchanan Street — 2 prior violations
▪ Walgreens on West Vandalia Street
▪ Edwardsville Motomart on North Main Street
▪ Club Centre Motomart on Club Centre Court — 1 prior violation
▪ Han-dee Mart on North Main Street — 2 prior violations
▪ Circle K on West Schwarz Street — 2 prior violations
▪ Circle K on South Illinois 157
▪ Target on Troy Road
▪ Friar Tuck on Goshen Road
▪ Quiktrip on Troy Road
▪ Schnucks on Troy Road — 1 prior violation
▪ Dierbergs on Edwardsville Crossing Drive
▪ Shop ‘n’ Save Fuel Express on Troy Road — 1 prior violation
▪ Shop ‘n’ Save Warehouse Foods on Troy Road
▪ MPC on South Illinois 159 in Glen Carbon
▪ Glen Mart BP on The Game Drive in Glen Carbon
▪ Casey’s General Store on West Main Street in Glen Carbon
▪ Walmart on Junction Drive in Glen Carbon
▪ Aldi on Cottonwood Drive in Glen Carbon
▪ Walgreens on Cottonwood Road in Glen Carbon — 1 prior violation