The Rev. Gerald Hechenberger, associate pastor of Holy Childhood Church and school in Mascoutah, was charged Tuesday, Jan. 9 with 16 counts of child pornography and one count of possession of methamphetamine.
He has pleaded not guilty.
He was taken into custody Monday, Jan. 8 and his bail was set at $2 million. He remained in the St. Clair County Jail as of Thursday afternoon.
▪ Associate pastor of Mascoutah church taken into police custody
▪ Mascoutah priest charged with 16 counts of child pornography, possession of meth
▪ Mascoutah priest sent and possessed child porn over seven months, charges say
▪ The Mascoutah church community is ‘heartbroken’ after priest’s arrest, pastor says
▪ Friend says church failed accused priest, puts blame on meth
▪ Mascoutah priest placed on leave amid meth and child-porn charges
▪ Mascoutah priest was ‘subpigboy4u’ online, had leather chaps and straps, police say
▪ Holy Childhood church addresses parishioners about pastor charged with child porn possession