The Illinois Department of Transportation is planning to begin several road patching projects on April 23 in St. Clair County, weather permitting.
• On I-255 near Centreville, work is planned on the southbound collector/distributor ramp at I-64, and on the I-255 in both directions between mile markers 16 and 20. Work will require the interstate be reduced from three lanes to two lanes or one lane at times. Reductions to one lane would take place between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., IDOT said. Work is scheduled to be completed by May. 13.
• On the southbound lanes of Illinois 203 from Ohio Avenue to the westbound I-55/70 interchange near Fairmont City, workers are scheduled to patch the road where pavement is failing. Work is scheduled to be completed by May 8.
• On Illinois 4 near Lebanon, ramps to I-64, and the westbound ramp from I-64 to Illinois 4, are scheduled to be patched. Work is scheduled to be completed by May 4.
Patching work also is planned in Monroe and Washington counties.
• IDOT also plans to have patching work taking place on the on Illinois 3, a quarter mile south of Main Street in Columbia. Work is scheduled to be completed by May 15.
• Work is planned for on I-64 near Nashville from mile marker 48 to mile marker 50 in the eastbound lanes. The interstate will be reduced to one lane in each direction for the work. Work is scheduled to be completed by April 30.