Beginning on Jan. 10, Madison County Transit plans to put in place some route adjustments, including some stops in downtown St. Louis, the agency said.
▪ MCT Express routes #14X and #16X will operate the same route into and out of downtown St. Louis using the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge, in order to eliminate bridge traffic uncertainty and to help reduce travel times. The order of all pickups of the afternoon #1X, #5, #14X, and #16X will be reversed.
▪ Morning and afternoon express service to downtown St. Louis on the #18 Collinsville Regional will have deviated to the Emerson Park MetroLink station.
▪ The #2 Granite City Shuttle will serve America’s Central Port on all trips to provide service to New Opportunities, the Granite City YMCA, among other employers, and more than 400 residents.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The weekday #7 Alton-Edwardsville trip leaving Alton Square Mall at 4:55 p.m. will be cut creating a one-hour gap in service from 4:19 p.m. to 5:19 p.m. between Alton Square and Edwardsville Station. As a result the #12 Bethalto Shuttle trip leaving Wood River Station at 5:25 p.m. will be shifted to 5:18 p.m. to facilitate transfers to the #7.
▪ The #14 Highland Shuttle will be re-routed away from Korte Recreation Center to serve Highland Home, and to operate on Faith Drive to provide service to the Independent Living at Faith Countryside Nursing Home.
▪ The #6 Roxana-South Roxana Shuttle will transition to a cross-county route due to the fare boundary shift from I-270 in Pontoon Beach to New Poag Road. The new route will be called the #6 Roxana-Pontoon Beach.
MCT also will implement the new fare passes on Jan. 10, a move that will eliminate paying for transfers.
▪ Two-Hour Zone Pass for $2: Valid for unlimited multi-directional trips within a single fare zone on MCT fixed-routes.
▪ Two-Hour Regional Pass for $3: Valid for unlimited multi-directional trips on all MCT fixed-route buses, MetroBus routes and MetroLink trains.
▪ Express Round Trip Pass for $5: Valid only on MCT Express routes (including Rams and Muny Express) for round trip service within one calendar day for multi-directional travel.
▪ MCT Senior Select Free Ride ID for free: Valid for unlimited free trips on MCT fixed-routes for Madison County residents 75 and older.