Don’t miss these top stories on BND.com Friday:
▪ A woman reported being raped in the parking lot of Collinsville dance club Wild Country early Thursday morning.
The man was described as a “clean-cut” white male in his mid-20s, between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-10, with dark hair and sleeve tattoos on his arms. The car is a dark-colored four-door vehicle.
Police asked that anyone with information contact the Collinsville Police Department at 344-2131.
Never miss a local story.
▪ At least six teens face charges after guns stolen in Troy on New Year’s Eve have begun to surface, one of which was confiscated at Collinsville High School.
Two 18-year-olds have been charged and a third is sought by police. Four juveniles have also been charged. The investigation is ongoing.
▪ Dennis C. Theurer, 66, of Belleville, has been charged with eight felony counts after he allegedly sexually abused a pair of children over the course of several years.
Theurer was an elder at Edgemont Bible Church for 30 years before resigning abruptly three weeks ago. Pastor Doug White says Theurer was never alone with church kids.
▪ Police are concerned that a school teacher accused of soliciting a metro-east eighth grader for sex may have had contact with other kids.
Kevin Battas was arrested Wednesday in Troy when he came to pick up the cell phone from police that he allegedly used to contact a 14-year-old girl, proposing to meet so he could perform sexual acts upon her.
▪ An East St. Louis man said the flames were too intense to save his disabled twin brother from a fire that destroyed the home they shared Wednesday night.
Keith Harris, 56, was injured in the blaze. His brother, Kenneth Harris died.