The Leadership Council of Southwestern Illinois announced its officers for 2016. They are:
▪ Chairman: Michael Riley, president of Professional Therapy Services, Inc. in Belleville
▪ President: Mark Turner, president of Memorial Hospital in Belleville
▪ Vice President: Keith Cook, Southwestern Illinois market president for Regions Bank
Never miss a local story.
▪ Secretary: Dale Stewart, executive secretary of Southwestern Illinois Building and Construction Trades Council
▪ Treasurer: Don Vichitvongsa, general manager of SunCoke Energy in Granite City
James DeFranco of the Fairview Heights law firm DeFranco & Bradley, P.C. was elected president of the American Board of Trial Advocates’ St. Louis and Southern Illinois Chapter. ABOTA is an organization of civil trials attorneys. DeFranco has practiced law in Illinois and Missouri since 1981.
Stacy Abeles is the new executive director of development for the Missouri chapter of March of Dimes, which covers the metro-east. She’ll lead a regional development team in the St. Louis and southeastern Missouri markets. Abeles joined March of Dimes in 2014.
The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys named Edward J. Blake Jr., managing partner of the Blake Behme Law Group, P.C. in Belleville, as one of its “Ten Best Attorneys” as it named its 2016 Illinois Client Satisfaction Award winners. Blake Behme Law Group was formed in 1983 and has additional offices in Collinsville, Edwardsville, Carlyle and Effingham.