U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin has announced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) awarded more than $1.2 million in grants to fire departments and municipalities in the state, including two in the metro-east.
The funding was provided through the Department of Homeland Security’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant program. The grant money is set to be used for operations and safety.
The following fire departments and protection districts are set to receive funding in Illinois:
- Hillside Fire Department, $60,000
- Taylorville Fire Department, $23,781
- Villa Park Fire Department, $189,564
- Burbank Fire Department, $218,773
- Pleasantview Fire Protection District, $100,000
- Monroe County Ambulance, $31,746
- City of Country Club Hills Fire Department, $223,429
- Eureka-Goodfield Fire Protection District, $107,267
- Godfrey Fire Protection District, $23,572
- Park Forest Fire Department, $218,960
- Glenwood Fire Department, $16,949
- Nokomis Area Fire Protection District, $17,143