The Du Quoin State Fair announced Friday that it will implement a $2 adult admission fee this year. Children under 13 will be admitted for free.
Officials said the fee will be put in place “to maintain fiscal responsibility” of the annual state fair.
The fair also said in a news release that it will introduce new theme days and give select fairgoers free admission to the fairgrounds on specific days. In addition to charging a $2 admission fee, fair organizers said they also adjusted camping fees, renegotiated contracts and brought in new sponsors for this year’s state fair.
Parking rates for the 2016 Du Quoin State Fair will remain unchanged.
Never miss a local story.
The state fair is set to open Aug. 26.
The following theme days are scheduled this year:
- Friday, August 26 - College Night
- Saturday, August 27 - Governor’s Day
- Sunday, August 28 - Veterans Day
- Monday, August 29 - Agriculture Youth Day
- Tuesday, August 30 - Democrat Day
- Wednesday, August 31 - Senior Day
- Thursday, September 1 - Illinois Tourism Day
- Friday, September 2 - Sponsor Appreciation Day
- Saturday, September 3 - Coal Heritage Day
- Sunday, September 4 - First Responder Day
- Monday, September 5 - Family Day