Adjacent planned tax increment financing districts could get final approval from Fairview Heights aldermen Tuesday evening.
One district encompasses portions of a shopping center along Ludwig Drive north of I-64 and west of Illinois 159. The other is made up of vacant land north of the Ludwig Drive site along Illinois 159.
According to intergovernmental agreements the city negotiated with other local taxing districts, the city will use 66.7 percent of funds generated in each TIF district to aid in each district’s redevelopment. The remaining 33.3 percent of funds will be kept in a special fund the city will distribute to the St. Clair County Collector’s Office, which in turn will disburse the funds among the local taxing bodies that have taxable property within the TIFs.
Also during Tuesday’s meeting, aldermen will consider applying for a St. Clair County Parks Grant Commission grant in the sum of $30,000. Plans call for the construction of a new pavilion at Everett Moody Park.
Never miss a local story.
The meeting will be at City Hall at 7 p.m.