Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
Man faces felony theft, drug charges
Highland police charged Michael H. Williams, 29, of Highland on Jan. 12 with retail theft for allegedly taking gloves from Rural King. The charge was enhanced because Williams had a prior conviction for burglary on March 4, 2013, according to police.
HPD also charged Williams with felony possession of a controlled substance for allegedly having less than 15 grams of a substance containing alprazolam, a prescription drug used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Never miss a local story.
HPD warrant arrest
Highland police arrested Joshua C. Lasica, 19, of Highland on Jan. 14 on a warrant from Bond County for allegedly driving while having a suspended/revoked license. HPD also additionally charged him with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle, driving while having an expired/revoked license, and improper use of registration. He was transported to the Bond County Jail.
HPD misdemeanors, tickets, citations
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Aaron J. Marquardt, 30, of Pocahontas was charged with driving while having a suspended/revoked license.
▪ Matthew T. Heuer, 36, of Gillespie was charged with driving while having and expired license and failure to signal when required.
▪ Dillyn G. Riechmann, 27, of Highland was charged with battery for allegedly punching another man in the face, neck and head.
▪ Jennifer C. Reyes Altamirano, 22 , of Edwardsville was charged with disobeying a traffic control device.
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Bret C. Greer, 21, of Lenzburg was charged with driving while having an expired license.
▪ A juvenile girl, 16, of Highland was charged with theft for allegedly taking property from Walmart off the shelf and returning it without a receipt for cash.
▪ John Hemann, 24, of Highland was charged with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ Edward J. Bohrmann, 35, of Highland was charged with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.