The Highland History Museum will open the first Sunday of the month beginning May 3. Many of the displays have be refreshed. It is a self-guided tour with member on hand to answer questions. The Highland Historical Society restored this property in the late 1980s. It was named Dr. Albert Kaeser Park. A large portion of the restoration costs were donated by Marion Piper, Dr. Kaeser’s daughter. The original building was used as a stagecoach stop and then a private home.
The museum is located at 1739 Broadway and is open from 1 to 4 p.m. Donations are accepted. There is also a nature trail at the back of the property. It is maintained by Boy Scouts and volunteers.