The annual Alhambra Homecoming will be held at Alhambra Township Park on Friday and Saturday, June 5-6.
This year’s festival is the 20th homecoming since being resurrected by the Alhambra Firemen-Legion Park Association, Alhambra Volunteer Fire Department and the Alhambra Jaycees in 1996. Rides and games will be provided by Clay County Amusements.
As in previous years, you will be able to purchase ride armbands for $20 each. Let your kids ride all night while you listen to the awesome bands that are lined up for this year.
Blacktop Boulevard will take the stage at 8 p.m. on Friday night, and Agent99 will be rocking the park on Saturday night. You won’t want to miss either of these exciting bands this year.
Never miss a local story.
The parade will step off at 7 p.m. on Friday and 6 p.m. on Saturday. For more information on the parade, contact Greg Nihiser at (618) 946-3432.
New to this year’s event will be Mouse Races. On Saturday night, report to the beer tent after the parade to watch the rodent review.
The main food stand will feature fried chicken, fish, pork steaks, burgers, bratwurst, French fries and hot dogs. Soda, water and beer may also be purchased on the handicap-accessible grounds.
Organizers are currently looking for local businesses and organizations to run vendor stands. For more information on vendor stands, contact Jill Gorenz at 488-6465 or via email at email@example.com.
For general homecoming information, contact Don Maine at 488-7368 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers Sought to help with homecoming
Preparations are being made for the 2015 Homecoming. This year’s Alhambra Homecoming will be held Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6 at the Alhambra Township Park. Volunteers are needed. If you are new to town, this is a great way to meet new people.
The work schedule is:
▪ Sunday, May 31: Meet at the LA Trucking shed at 6 p.m. to load lumber.
▪ Tuesday, June 2: Meet at park at 6 p.m. at park to assemble tables. Bring screw guns, chargers and gloves.
▪ Wednesday, June 3: Meet at park at 6 p.m., if there are tables that still need to be assembled.
▪ Thursday, June 4: At 6 p.m., final preparations will be made to make sure everything is ready to go for Friday and Saturday. Be sure and bring your tools and protective eye wear. Food will be provided for this evening.
▪ On June 8, help may be needed to take down the stands and tables and re-stack the lumber. Bring tools and gloves.
Call Patty at (618) 580-4469 or Donnie at (618) 581-3799 for further information.