The Highland Community Chorus will hold auditions for the 2015-2016 season from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 28 and from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Aug. 29.
Auditions will be held in the Choir Room at the Evangelical United Church of Christ, 2520 Poplar St. in Highland. Singers should enter the door at the far west side of the classroom building.
All singers over the age of 18 are invited to try out for the group. Tenors and basses are especially welcome.
You can also contact Luanne Murphy, Highland Community Chorus artistic director, to schedule an audition in August. Email email@example.com or call (618) 791-8408
The Highland Community Chorus is a performing ensemble for singers in the greater Highland area. Members of the 40-voice group hail from Highland, Troy, St. Rose, Trenton, Collinsville, Greenville, St. Jacob, and Pierron.
The mission of the Highland Community Chorus is to promote and preserve the tradition of choral music for the cultural enrichment of the Highland area. The group provides opportunities for those who love to sing and hear beautiful and exciting choral music of the highest quality.
Highland Community Chorus presented three concerts last year, as well as a fundraiser:
▪ the Fall Frolic Dinner Auction;
▪ a Christmas concert featuring holiday music from around the globe;
▪ South Pacific in Concert, a collaboration with Hard Road Theatre; and
▪ a spring concert at St. Paul Church in Highland featuring the Requiem of John Rutter, with an instrumental ensemble of professional musicians.
For the 2015-2016 season, four major events are planned:
▪ the Fall Frolic, a dinner gala fundraiser including music by the chorus;
▪ a Christmas concert titled, Carols Ancient and New;
a spring concert, The Poet’s Voice; and a Broadway/Pops concert, Road Trip — A Musical Journey Across America.
Visit the website highlandcommunitychorus.org for information about auditions, season tickets, and contacting the chorus.