Is the critical data on your computer being backed up properly? Are your computers and your important files and information secure from hackers? How well would your business run if you lost all of your files or if your files were hacked?
JT Technology Solutions, LLC in Highland is here to help answer your computer-related questions and solve your computer-related problems.
James Hooton is from the Highland area and he recently created JT Technology Solutions, LLC, a computer and network services company in Highland. He has 20 years of experience as an IT professional working on computer hardware and software including servers, computers and network components.
“I grew up in the Highland area and look forward to providing you with the quality service you deserve,” said Hooton, who grew up just outside of Highland and attended school in St. Jacob before graduating from Triad High School in 1993. “There are various options for data backup, and depending on your company needs, I can help set you up with the most affordable and reliable way. Most people think they will not be a victim of a cyber-hack. But reality has shown that this is becoming more common each day. Let me work with you to make sure your network and computers are secure. Security goes much further than having a strong password on your Wi-Fi connection.”
Never miss a local story.
Hooton said Highland is a great community that is surrounded by other great communities, and he is excited to be able to provide a service to the businesses and individuals in this area.
“JT Technology Solutions LLC can provide you with all the services you need to get your computers and network running, and to keep them running fast, secure and reliable,” he said. “Some of the services I provide are data backups and recovery, computer and network security, computer hardware and software upgrades and repairs, data transfer, virus and malware removal, and much more. Right now I am working out of my home office and all services I provide are on-site. I offer on-site service to both businesses and residents in Highland and the surrounding communities. Call or email me to meet for a free consultation to see how you can make your business more productive and reliable.
“Preventative maintenance can go a long way to help eliminate those emergencies at the most inconvenient time.”
Here is a list of computer services Hooton and his business, JT Technology Solutions LLC, provide:
▪ Network and computer security – making sure your network and computers are secure from cyber-attacks.
▪ Wireless and wired networking – setting up a new network or making the most out of your current one.
▪ Data backup and recovery – backing up and validating your data and recovering data from a crashed hard drive.
▪ PC and laptop upgrades and repairs – both hardware and software repair.
▪ Software installation and updates – make sure your software is running to its fullest potential.
▪ Windows Server management – administering your current server, or adding a server if necessary.
▪ Data transfer – move your data from an old computer or hard drive to a new one.
▪ Virus and malware removal and protection – those viruses and malware on your computer are more than a nuisance, they are a security risk.
After graduating from Triad in 1993, Hooton attended Ranken Technical College in St. Louis, where he earned his degree in Computer Networking Technology. Right out of college, he was hired on with Hubbell Incorporated in St. Louis as a computer technician. His skill set grew quickly and within just a few years he was a systems administrator.
“In my 16 years with Hubbell, I was handling all aspects of day-to-day computer operations including PC support and upgrades, administering servers, managing user and email accounts, and upgrading and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks,” Hooton said. “I was supporting about 300 users across four locations in the St. Louis area, with the remainder of my team spread out across the US. In the middle of my 16 years, I left Hubbell for three years to go work for a company called REJIS (Regional Justice Information Service).”
REJIS provides computer support for police and fire departments and city and county government offices across Illinois, Missouri and Kansas.
Through his 20 years of hands-on experience, Hooton has developed a skill set that includes supporting computers, servers and network components on small networks with just a couple computers up to enterprise level networks with several thousand computers.
His job responsibilities included:
▪ Setting up and monitoring backup systems to back up critical company data
▪ Securing computers and networks to reduce the risk of security hacks
▪ Monitoring computer updates to make sure the latest security patches are installed
▪ Removing and preventing malware and viruses from computer systems
▪ Installing, troubleshooting, and updating computer software
▪ Setting up wireless networks for offices and warehouse environments
▪ Desktop and laptop hardware repair including laptop screen replacement
▪ Active directory and email administration
Earlier this year, it was announced that Hubbell would start using a third party company to outsource certain areas of IT, so Hooton, along with 38 other individuals, would soon be unemployed.
That’s when he decided to create JT Technology Solutions LLC.
Hooton has a degree in computer networking technology and holds CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Certified System Engineer certifications.
Hooton’s wife Renee (Torrence) grew up in Highland, graduated from Highland High School in 1993 and works as a legal secretary at a the HeplerBroom law firm in Edwardsville. They have two children in the Highland school district, Caleb, who is a freshman at Highland High School and plays ice hockey for the Highland Bulldog Hockey Club, and a daughter, Karlie, who is in seventh grade and is a cheerleader at Highland Middle School.
To contact JT Technology Solutions LLC, call (618) 651-4112 or via email at email@example.com. Also be sure to check out the website at www.jttechsolutions.com and connect with him and his business on Facebook.