The 2015 National American Legion Baseball season will mark their 90th anniversary of competition. The history of the program has proved that America’s youth receive on the baseball diamond a thorough understanding of the true value of sportsmanship, leadership and individual character building.
Since its beginning, more than 10 million young men have played American Legion Baseball and almost 100,000 players age 15-19 participate annually
Since 1965, Lee Iten Post 439 has had in excess of 1,000 players participate in its program (976 wins, 665 losses). Post 439 has had nine players sign professional contracts and more than 800 attend college with a high percentage of those playing college baseball
The program will field two Junior teams and a Senior team in 2015. The club will hold a workout May 28 for players who are not participating in a high school athletic spring program or has finished their spring play.
Never miss a local story.
Post 439 Baseball has the goal of giving our young athlete’s the opportunity to test and improve their skills for the high school, college and professional level..
Contacts are Wayne J. Wirz, Post 439 baseball chairman, at at (618)654-8419 or via email at email@example.com; Senior team manager Harry Painter at (618) 203-0211; Junior 1 team manager Rick Diaz at (816) 695-7397; or Junior 2 team manager Derek Reckman at (618) 791-4280.
Post 439 Early-Season Schedule
All home games will be played at Glik Park. All three teams’ upcoming schedule are as follows
▪ June 1 at 6 p.m. at Aviston (made up of athletes from Breese Central and Mater Dei)
▪ June 4 at 7 p.m. opening night Trenton at Highland
▪ June 5 at 8 p.m. Fairview Heights (made up of athletes from (Belleville East and O’Fallon) at Highland (League Game)
▪ June 6 at 6 p.m. Highland at St. Charles, Mo.
▪ June 7 at TBD Highland at Fairview Heights vs St. Genevieve, Mo.
▪ June 2 at 7:30 p.m. Alton at Highland (League)
▪ June 6 at 6 p.m. Highland at Smithton-Freeburg (League)
▪ June 2 at 5 p.m. Alton at Highland (League)
▪ June 3 at 7 p.m. Nashville at Highland
▪ June 4 at 5:30 p.m. Trenton at Highland
▪ June 6 at 2 p.m. Highland at Smithton