THURSDAY, JULY 20
▪ Welcome Home to Vietnam Veterans: The Looking Glass Prairie Chapter in O’Fallon of the Daughters of the American Revolution will host a “Welcome Home to Vietnam Veterans” event at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 20, at VFW Post 805, 223 W. 1st St. in O’Fallon. After 50 years, local Vietnam veterans will be given the “welcome home” they never received. All Vietnam veterans and those who served during the Vietnam era (Nov. 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975) are invited to attend. For more information, call Ed Martinez, VFW Post 805 commander, at 618-558-0680 or email email@example.com.
FRIDAY, JULY 21
▪ Free movie night in O’Fallon: The O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department will present “Star Wars: Rouge One” at dusk on baseball field No. 4 at O’Fallon Community Park, 401 E. 5th St. At 6 p.m. kid’s carnival games, activities and a bounce house are available. The O’Fallon Township High School Marching Panthers percussion will perform from 6:30-7 p.m. with OTHS Color Guard to follow from 7:15-7:30 p.m., and the OTHS Jazz Band will perform from 7:45-8:30 p.m.
SATURDAY, JULY 22
▪ Christmas in July Walk: The Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club, based in O’Fallon, will hold a “Christmas in July” town walk around Waterloo on Saturday, July 22. A volksmarch is a leisurely, family-oriented, non-competative walk through scenic, historic or interesting areas. Registration is between 8 and 10:30 a.m. at the Courthouse Gazebo, 100 S. Main St. in Waterloo. Cost is $3. Walkers should finish by 1:30 p.m. The trail rating is 2A. Routes are mapped out for 5 and 10 kilometers, but participants may walk at their own pace and distance. Many local shops will be having sales, and participants are encouraged to show their Christmas spirit by bringing donations of baby items for Life Network of Southern Illinois. For more information, visit illinois-trekkers.org.
MONDAY, JULY 24
▪ Early registration deadline for Music of the Night 5K: The Music of the Night 5K Fun Run/Walk will take place at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5. Join the fun of this unique music-themed night race through residential areas of north O’Fallon, beginning and ending at Carriel Junior High School. Race day registration begins at 7 p.m. There will be trophies for the top three overall (male and female) finishers, medals for the top three finishers (male and female) in each of eight age brackets, attendance prizes and a medal awarded for best-themed attire. Register online at www.Active.com. More information and the mail-in registration form is available at www.LifelongMusicOFallon.org. Register by July 24 to guarantee a race shirt. All proceeds benefit music education programs (band and choir) in O’Fallon schools.
▪ O’Fallon Library Book Club meeting: The club meets from 7 to 8 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month, except December, upstairs at the O’Fallon Public Library. Members discuss the current selection and pick the next read. Any genre is possible, as long as there are sufficient copies available for checkout. The librarians order copies for pickup at the next meeting — no purchase necessary. You’ll read something you might not have tried and engage in some friendly banter. For more information, a list of past selections and FAQs, see ofpl.info/events/bookclub or call 618-632-3783.
▪ Church serves free, hot meals: Free hot meals will be served restaurant style each Monday evening in July at Faith Lutheran Church, 510 East Highway 50 in O’Fallon. All are invited and welcome. Meals are served in the Fellowship Hall from 5 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, call the church at 632-5562.
TUESDAY, JULY 25
▪ OTHS Registration: Registration for all grade levels (9-12) at O’Fallon Township High School at will be held July 25 and 26 at the Smiley Campus from noon to 7 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26
▪ Shiloh concerts in the park: The village of Shiloh has announced its free concert dates for its summer “Music in the Park” series. The first concert on Wednesday, July 26 will be “The Dave Sheppard Band.” The next concert is Wednesday, Aug. 9 and will be “The Chris Talley Trio.” The final concert will be Wednesday, Aug. 23 and will be “Jim Chadderton and The Special Edition.” All concerts are from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the pavilion at Shiloh Community Park, by the water tower.
To have your event listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Monday prior to the Thursday publication date.