THURSDAY, JULY 27
▪ Metro East Pachyderm meeting: The Metro East Pachyderm Club will hold its next meeting Thursday, July 27 at The Hop House, 1214 Central Park Drive in O’Fallon. The speaker will be Terry Beach, director of St. Clair County Economic Development Department. The dinner buffet starts at 5:30 p.m., if you want to purchase dinner. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. You do not need to be a Pachyderm member to attend. For more information, visit the club’s website at metroeastpachy.org.
▪ Social Security workshop: Jason Stroede of Clarus Wealth Management will present a workshop with tips and tricks to receive the maximum benefits from Social Security from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the O'Fallon Public Library Community Room. This is a free event and open to the general public. Space is limited. Call the library at 618-632-3783 or register online at ofpl.info/events/social-security-workshop.
MONDAY, JULY 31
▪ WEW luncheon: O’Fallon-Shiloh’s Women Empowering Women chapter will hold its monthly networking luncheon Monday, July 31 at Bella Milano, 455 Regency Park in O’Fallon. registration begins at 11:15 a.m. Introductions and lunch are slated to kick off at 11:40 a.m., with a guest speaker to begin about noon. The even is free, but if attendees opt to eat lunch, a pasta entree, salad and bread are offered for $12. The event wraps up by 1 p.m. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Church serves free, hot meals: Free hot meals will be served restaurant style each Monday evening in July at Faith Lutheran Church, 510 East Highway 50 in O’Fallon. All are invited and welcome. Meals are served in the Fellowship Hall from 5 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, call the church at 632-5562.
TUESDAY, AUG. 1
▪ New student registration: Shiloh School District 85 is having new student registration from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1 at both district schools. Shiloh Elementary is located at 125 Diamond Ct. and Shiloh Middle School is located at 1 Wildcat Cross. Both are in Shiloh, and can be reached at 618-632-7434.
▪ O’Fallon Garden Club meeting: The O’Fallon Garden Club will meet Tuesday, Aug. 1 at the Katy Cavins Community Center, 308 E. Fifth Street in O’Fallon. Social hour will start at 6 p.m. Refreshments will be served, as well as soft drinks and water. The meeting starts at 6:30. The speaker will be Jim Harper apiarist of the beehives at the Community Garden. Come and learn how the bees maintain the hives and produce the honey. This event is free and is open to the public. All ages are welcome. You can dig deeper at ofallongardenclub.com or O’Fallon Garden Club on Facebook. Dues are currently due. Membership is $20 for individuals and $30 for a family. The club has work days Mondays and Thursdays at the Community Garden, from 8 to 11 a.m., with some extra days on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. Just bring gloves and water.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 2
▪ Senior Citizen Club of O’Fallon meeting: The Senior Citizen Club of O’Fallon will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 2 at the O’Fallon Township Building, located at 801 East State St. The meeting will consist of club business, salads and paper bingo. Be sure to get your ticket for the Fall Dinner on the Sept. 6. For details, contact the O’Fallon Township Office at 618-632-3517.
THURSDAY, AUG. 3
▪ Genealogical Society meeting: The St. Clair County Genealogical Society will present a pre-recorded Webinar, “Common Mistakes in Genealogy,” by Christa Cowan, at its 7 p.m. meeting Thursday, Aug. 3, at St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 226 N. Church St. in Belleville. The meeting is free and open to the public. Additional information is available on the society’s website, stclair-ilgs.org, or on Facebook.
FRIDAY, AUG. 4
▪ Free concert at Cambridge House: Dave Sheppard will provide free entertainment from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 4 at Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd. in O’Fallon. Come join in the fun, stay cool and enjoy the music. Refreshments will be served.
SATURDAY, AUG. 5
▪ Music of the Night 5K: The Music of the Night 5K Fun Run/Walk will take place at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5. Join the fun of this unique music-themed night race through residential areas of north O’Fallon, beginning and ending at Carriel Junior High School. Race day registration begins at 7 p.m. There will be trophies for the top three overall (male and female) finishers, medals for the top three finishers (male and female) in each of eight age brackets, attendance prizes and a medal awarded for best-themed attire. Register online at Active.com. More information and the mail-in registration form is available at LifelongMusicOFallon.org. All proceeds benefit music education programs (band and choir) in O’Fallon schools.
▪ “Evening in Athens” meal: Sts. Constantine & Helen Church, 405 Huntwood Road in Swansea, is having an “Evening in Athens” from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5. Greek food, including chicken, gyros, authentic salads, lamb shanks and Greek homemade pastries will be served. Carry-outs will be available. Calls 618-277-0330.
SUNDAY, AUG. 6
Xi Chi meeting: Xi Chi O’Fallon chapter No. 5456 of ESA International’s next monthly meeting will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 7 in conjunction with the annual barbecue social at 201 Lake Stratford Drive in Fairview Heights. It is a pot-luck, so participants can RSVP and sign up for a dish to bring with Di Scott at 618-830-3162. The event is open to those interested in learning more about the organization or visit xi-chi.org or Episilon Sigma Alpha on Facebook.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 9
▪ Shiloh concerts in the park: The village of Shiloh has announced its free concert dates for its summer “Music in the Park” series. The next concert is Wednesday, Aug. 9 and will be “The Chris Talley Trio.” The final concert will be Wednesday, Aug. 23 and will be “Jim Chadderton and The Special Edition.” All concerts are from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the pavilion at Shiloh Community Park, by the water tower.
FRIDAY, AUG. 11
▪ RSVP deadline O’Fallon Senior Committee tickets: for The O’Fallon Senior Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17 at the O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., for dinner and entertainment. Cost is $3. The event is for O’Fallon Township residents only. RSVP deadline is Friday, Aug. 11. Tickets are available at the township office.
SATURDAY, AUG. 12
▪ Dave Toberman golf scramble: The inaugural Dave Toberman Classic four-person golf scramble will take place Saturday, Aug. 12 at Clinton Hill Golf Course, 3700 Old Collinsville Road in Swansea. Registration is at 7 a.m., and tee-off is at 8 a.m. Cost is $90, which includes 18-holes with cart, breakfast, lunch, beverages, longest drive and closest-to-the-pin competitions, flighted prize money and more. Proceeds will benefit St. Jude/American Cancer Society. To register, call Daniel Toberman at (618) 696-6222.
To have your event listed, email email@example.com by 5 p.m. Monday prior to the Thursday publication date.