Governor French Academy founder and Headmaster Phillip Paeltz is welcomed as speaker at the Friday, April 17, meeting of the Metro East Pachyderm Club. His topic is the controversial Common Core Curriculum currently being pushed by the federal government. The meeting begins at noon at Amore Ristorante, 1050 Eastgate Drive, O’Fallon. The meeting is free and open to all. Optional buffet/meet and greet begins at 11:30 a.m. The Metro East Pachyderm Club holds weekly informational meetings open to all at no charge. For more info, call Laura at (618) 978-2018 or visit www.metroeastpachy.org.
Troop 40 fundraisers
• 5-9 p.m. Monday, April 20, at Ravanelli’s, 1214 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon. This is a fundraiser and gift basket raffle night and 10 percent of all sales go to Troop 40;
Never miss a local story.
• 5-8 p.m. Wednesday, May 6, at Pizza World, 651 Carlyle Ave. Belleville. This is a fundraiser night and 10 percent of all sales will go to Troop 40.
• 9 a.m. Saturday, May 30, Troop 40 Superhero 5K and Mile Fun Run at Klucker Hall in Shiloh. On Facebook: Troop 40 Superhero Run. Online registration at: https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Shiloh/Troop 40 ShilohSuperhero5K. $25 entry supports local scouts.
Senior committee dinner, entertainment
O’Fallon Township Senior Committee’s dinner and entertainment event will take place at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 16, at the Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. Cost is $2. This is for O’Fallon Township residents only. Tickets are available at the township office. Last day to purchase tickets is Friday, April 10.
Quarter Auction Party
St. Clare Church in O’Fallon will host a Quarter Auction Party and Shopping Fair on Friday, April 17, at the church, 1411 Cross St., as a fundraiser for the church’s Youth Group. The evening begins with the shopping fair, featuring 17 home party vendors and businesses, at 6 p.m. The Quarter Auction begins at 7:30 p.m. A quarter auction is a combination of a raffle, an auction and a home party. Each “bid” costs 1 to 4 quarters. Raffles, attendance prizes and games will be featured. Participants may bring their own quarters and snacks for their table. Admission is $5 per person at the door and then pay per bid. Or, for a chance to win every prize, participants may purchase an all-in paddle for $25 per person. To reserve a table of 10, email email@example.com or call 632-3562 by Thursday, April 9.
The Midwest Motorcycle Expo will be from 5-11 p.m. Friday, April 17, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at Gateway Classic Cars, 1237 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon. Event admission options—Friday/Saturday door admission, single day, $12; or a two-day pass for $22. Friday/Saturday discounted admission (online purchasing only), single day, $10 dollars; or a two-day pass for $19. Proceeds benefit Shriner’s Hospital for Children.
Men’s event at Enjoy Church
Enjoy Church is hosting its first ever men’s event at its new facility in O’Fallon. Forged: Men of Iron is hosting Brotherhood, a Forged men’s event, at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 18, at the Enjoy Church O’Fallon Campus, 251 Regency Park, O’Fallon. Tickets are available for $15. This event will instruct men on how to build strong bonds with other men, creating a brotherhood of people who are there to support, encourage and help each other out in times of need. All men are invited to join the Brotherhood and become part of an elite group of men who look out for one anothers best interests. Breakfast is provided, and the event’s festivities will include a time of teaching, team-based laser tag and an appearance by Christian motorcycle club The Bond-Slaves. Tickets are available at www.enjoychurch.tv/forged.
Moose Lodge 2608 events
• O’Fallon Moose Lodge 2608 will host/sponsor its monthly barbecue from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at American Legion Post 137, 109 N. Penn St., O’Fallon. Dine-in or carry-out. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Early Childhood Development Foundation. For more info call 632-8879.
• Moose Lodge 2608’s 9th annual Golf Classic will take place Saturday, April 25, at Tamarack Golf Course, 800 Tamarack Lane, Shiloh. Registration is at noon. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. $75 per person; $300 per team. Food catered by O’Fallon Moose BBQ Team. For more info contact Andrea Picchietti at (618) 531-4548 or Jeff Jerashen at (618) 401-5088.
• O’Fallon Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 2608 Ed Morse Spring Invitational Putt-Putt Pub Crawl will begin at noon Saturday, May 9. Participating establishments are The Hut, American Legion, Haney’s, Mandy’s, Hemingway’s Zen Garden, Casa Azteca, Town Lounge, VFW and Outoorsmen. Cost is $10 due at sign up. All teams start at tavern of their sign up. Awards ceremony at 5 p.m. at Mandy’s. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last.
Bible study registration
Bible Study Fellowship will begin a new study of Revelation at 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16, at First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 1111 E. U.S. 50. This is the first time the Revelation study will be offered. Included are classes for women and children, age infant through kindergarten. Registration for new class members and previous members may be done in advance at 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, April 22, at the church or in the fall on the first day of the study (Sept. 16). If registering a child, plan to make other arrangements for childcare the day of registration or call ahead to discuss childcare. Bible Study Fellowship is an interdenominational study of the Bible offered free of charge. For more info call (618) 830-5700 or visit bsfinternational.or.
Cambridge House event
Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon, is hosting an outing from 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, April 22. Pop in (bring family and friends) and enjoy appetizers, music (performed by the talented Anita Rosamond) and ask to see one of the residents’ apartments and the rest of the Cambridge House community. The residents have opened their homes for people to see how fantastic retirement can be for people. For more information on any of these events, call 624-9900.
Democratic Club meeting
O’Fallon Township Area Democratic Club will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 22, at the KC, 402 E. Hwy. 50, O’Fallon. Refreshments provided.
Ward 4 Town Hall meeting
A Ward 4 Town Hall meeting for O’Fallon will take place at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 23, at the Public Safety Building, 285 N. Seven Hills Road, O’Fallon. The purpose of the meeting is to receive questions from residents and present activities taking place in O’Fallon.
Your Home Team will host its free spring shredding event from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, April 25, at its offices, 813 W. Hwy. 50, O’Fallon. This event is free to the community. Your Home Team only asks two things: Paper products only and two can goods for the local food pantry.
OTHS Band Boosters’ Yard Sale
The OTHS Band Boosters’ Yard Sale will take place from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 25, at O’Fallon Township High School in the south gym, 600 S. Smiley. Donations needed: Furniture, appliances, linens, tools and lawn items, clothing in all sizes, books, toys, craft items, holiday decorations and anything else that is clean and in working condition. Baked sale items: All students are requested to bring individually wrapped baked good to offer at the bake sale. Indicate if items contain nuts (drop off Friday evening is preferred for pricing purposes). Volunteer work shifts: Many shifts still need to be filled (parents and students). Students are requested to work a shift or two at the yard sale. For more details, see the protected volunteer page of the band website. Donation drop off/pick-up: Drop off donation items between 4:30-8 p.m. Friday, April 24, at the south gym (main entrance) or contact Lisa Walters (call/text (618) 578-9644) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up for large or bulky items.
Corpus Christi chicken dinner
Corpus Christi Church is sponsoring a Spring Chicken Dinner from 3-7 p.m. Sunday, April 26, at the Corpus Christi Parish Center, 206 Rasp St., Shiloh. The dinner will feature home style fried chicken. Adults, $10; children (6-12 years old), $5. Takeouts available. Buckets of chicken (10 pieces) for $12 will be available. Reservations for eight or more people in a party will be accepted by calling 632-7614 by Friday, April 24.
Career Exploration Fair
The 5th annual Career Exploration Fair—sponsored by O’Fallon-Shiloh Chamber of Commerce, Junior Achievement and Scott Air Force Base Steam Advisory Group—will be from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Thursday, April 30, at the Regency Conference Center, 400 Regency Park Drive, O’Fallon. Volunteers should be set up by 8:15 a.m. For info on the fair, contact Carol A. Bouche at (800) 342-7119 ext. 220 or email@example.com.
OTHS Spring Sing Fundraiser
OTHS Choir Spring Sing Fundraiser will take place Saturday, May 2, at the OTHS Milburn campus, 650 Milburn School Road. 6 p.m. Ice cream social; 7 p.m. Performances by the OTHS Show Choir, including “Great Expectations,” “Innovations” and select individual and ensemble groups. For more info, visit www.othschoir.com.
CrossFit fundraiser for Mighty Marek
CrossFit Voyage will hold a fundraiser for a case of infantile spasms at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 16, at CrossFit Voyage, 102R W. State St., O’Fallon, Ill.—location is subject to change due to registration numbers. People can register at https//:mightymarek.eventbrite.com. The event is for Marek Harres, affectionately known as Mighty Marek, who was diagnosed with infantile spasms in January 2015. Infantile spasms are seizures seen in infancy and childhood characterized by spasms and developmental regression. Mighty Marek stopped meeting normal developmental milestones at 4 months old and stopped progressing developmentally at approximately 5 months. Registration by Thursday, April 30, will guarantee a “Mighty Marek” shirt in the requested size.
This Able Veteran cosmic bingo
Cosmic bingo will take place Saturday, May 16, at VFW Post 805, 223 W. First St., O’Fallon. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.; bingo starts at 7 p.m. Cost is $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Price includes 6 bingo cards, cosmic dabber and cosmic hat. Additional bingo cards are $5. Cash bar, may bring own snacks. All proceeds benefit This Able Veteran. To make reservations contact Marcia at (618) 581-8402.
The Marine Corps’ Semper Fidelis Football Camp (SFFP) will take place from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at O’Fallon Township High School. The Semper Fidelis All-American Football Camps provide an opportunity for student athletes to hone their football skills while receiving instruction from high school, college and NFL Players Association Coaches. For more info, call (314) 452-3856 or visit www.SemperFidelisFootball.com.
OVFD golf classic
The O’Fallon Volunteer Fire Department 16th annual Spring Golf Classic will be Friday, June 5, at Tamarack Country Club. This tournament serves as the department’s primary fundraising activity that supports the O’Fallon community. For more info contact Fred Schmitt at (618) 698-7285.
Performing Arts, Show Choir Camp
Singing Panthers Performing Arts and Show Choir Camp will take place from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday, June 15, through Friday, June 19, at the OTHS Smiley campus, 600 S. Smiley St. Come and work with the OTHS Choral Department for a week jam packed with singing, dancing and performing. Learn music and choreography to Pop and Broadway songs; work with active OTHS Choir students; and end of the week performance for family and friends. Cost is $50 before Monday, June 1; $75 after June 1. Register online at othschoir.com.
• Come play in the dirt with the O’Fallon Garden Club at its weekly community garden work days at the O’Fallon Community Garden at the corner of State and Smiley Streets. If spring garden cleaning, preparing to plant, weeding, mowing, composting and fertilizing are things people love to do, come to the garden and lend a hand throughout March. Remember to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tools are provided, but volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work gloves. Gardening is an excellent exercise alternative and the efforts will benefit the community by supplying fresh vegetables to the food pantry. All ages are welcome. For more information check out www.ofallongardenclub.com or O’Fallon IL Garden Club on Facebook.
• The club offers free educational tours of the O’Fallon Community Garden for anyone interested in gardening. Civic and community organizations are welcome.
• Garden work days are from 8 a.m.-noon every Monday and Thursday, weather permitting. If you can help with garden clean-up, planting, harvesting, weeding, mowing, composting and fertilizing, join us in the garden. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and bring gloves and water. Tools provided. For more info, visit www.ofallongardenclub.org or facebook at O’Fallon IL Garden Club.
• The O’Fallon Garden Club announces the launch of its website, www.ofallongardenclub.com. This community group in O’Fallon is spreading the love of gardening. For the latest dirt on programs and special events and to see good being done in locally, go to this website.
• The O’Fallon Knights of Columbus and Ladies Auxiliary sponsor a fish fry from 4-8 p.m. every Friday at the K of C Hall, 402 E. Highway 50. Orders may be called in at 632-6229. Lunch also is available from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Fridays.
• O’Fallon VFW Post 805, 221 W. First Street, and its Ladies Auxiliary sponsor a fish fry from 4-8 p.m. every Friday. Dine-in or call 624-2651 for carry-out.
• American Legion Post 137, 109 N. Penn St., O’Fallon, hosts a fish fry from 4:30-8 p.m. every Friday. For take out orders, call 632-8878. Plenty of parking.
• Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E Highway 50, will host a fish fry from 4-8 p.m. every Friday during Lent.
All Pro Dad program
The All Pro Dad program meets at 8 a.m. the last Saturday of each month at Cornerstone Christian Church, 775 N. Green Mount Road, Shiloh. The meetings are open to all and a $5 Chick-Fil-A breakfast will be served. People should RSVP to www.allprodad.com/4368 so enough food can be provided. DJ Ficken (APD leader at Moye School) and Tom Vorce (APD leader at Laverna Evans School) will lead the chapter.
The O’Fallon Rotary Van is available from 8:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to transport any resident to where they need to go within city and township limits. For information, call 632-3517.
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at 6:30 p.m. every Monday at the first United Methodist Church, 504 E. Hwy. 50. TOPS is a nonprofit, low-cost program open to men, women and children ages 7 through 18. For more information, call Kathy at 624-8031.
Stop 158 meets at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at 866 Old Enterprise Farms, Lebanon. Meetings are open to all interested parties. To confirm meeting times, call 632-3158.
The O’Fallon Community Food Pantry is open from 9 a.m.-noon Mondays and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. The pantry is located at the O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St. in O’Fallon. For information, call 624-7040.
Cells for soldiers
Wolfersberger Funeral Home at 102 W. Washington St. in O’Fallon is a designated collection site for Cell Phones for Soldiers. Used cell phones may be dropped off at the funeral home during regular business hours or by appointment by calling 632-3681.
Please submit any Around Tound items to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com items by noon the Monday prior to Thursday publication. Thank you