St. Nicholas Church in O’Fallon will hold the 1st NickFest on Friday, May 15, and Saturday, May 16, bringing a full two-day line of family fun entertainment to O’Fallon.
The festival will take place on the church parking lot at 625 St. Nicholas Drive, O’Fallon.
Planning for NickFest began over two years ago by members of St. Nicholas to celebrate the founding of the 33 year-old parish and to provide families in the area with a festival where they can celebrate the start of summer. The two-day festival is modeled after the popular Kirchenfest, which is held in Highland each year by St. Paul’s Parish.
NickFest will run from noon-10 p.m. Friday. Saturday’s activities begin at 8 a.m. with a 5K Run/Walk. The event then will go from 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
NickFest will feature a complete entertainment line up including 15 amusement rides for kids of all ages provided by Tinsley Entertainment. Included will be 14 games for children and adults including the infamous, IDOODIT, which is a fast paced action filled game where competitors race to line up five balls in a row and yell IDOODIT. Other favorite games and activities will include bingo, face painting and horseback rides provided by Camp Ondessonk.
The Main Stage entertainment features two headliner bands—The Pedestrians at 7 p.m. Friday; and Whiskey Dixon at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Other main stage acts feature local musical acts and dance troupes including:
▪ 4 p.m.—Connor Schenk, a local teen who sings and plays music in the vein of Elton John and Billy Joel in addition to original music;
▪ 5 p.m.—Tim Ryan Acoustic Guitar Trio features three local guitarists who sing the best of the Eagles and more;
▪ 7 p.m.— The Pedestrians, a local favorite will perform the best of the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today’s hits.
▪ 11 a.m. St. Clare School Choir will kick of the day with a variety of musical selections;
▪ Noon O’Faolain Academy of Irish Dancers will perform traditional Irish dance;
▪ 1 p.m. Sounds of Harmony (Barbershop Quartet);
▪ 2 p.m. Feista Latina – St. Louis Salsa Congress will perform the Salsa with audience participation;
▪ 3 p.m. The Newlywed Game will be played where couples of all ages will compete to win prizes;
▪ 5 p.m. O’Fallon Township High School Jazz Band will perform standard jazz greats;
▪ 6 p.m. Whiskey Dixon will take the stage bringing their modern southern rock style to the festival.
In addition, on Saturday, children will have the opportunity to meet and greet 16 characters throughout the day including St. Nicholas, himself, and Queen Elsa and Princess Anna, Superman and Wonder Woman, Belle, Cinderella and The Fairy Godmother, Batman and Robin, Dorothy and Glenda the Good Witch, Harry Potter and Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Smee.
NickFest also will feature a wide variety of food including smoked pulled pork and chicken kabobs along with fair favorites like hotdogs, hamburgers and brats, funnel cakes, fried twinkies, popcorn, nachos and more. Also included will be gluten free, nut free and egg free options for those with food allergies.
Those interested in participating in the 5K Run/Walk can pre-register by visiting stnicholasofallon.org, or picking up a form at Toolen’s Running Start in Shiloh. Same day registration is also available beginning at 8 a.m. The fee is $25 to run and includes a t-shirt while supplies last.
There’s even a few games for the adults including the Big Six Wheel and Poker Stand—and a chance to win $1,000 through the NickFest $1,000 raffle drawing. Only 100 tickets are being sold and can be pre-purchased at the St. Nicholas Church Office.
Admission is free to the event. Advanced ride tickets are available for purchase at a 20 percent discount through Wednesday, May 13, at the St. Nicholas Church Office.
Parking will be off of Wesley Drive in the big grassy field on the south end of the Church Campus.
For more information visit the St. Nicholas O’Fallon Facebook page or www.stnicholasofallon.org or call 632-1797.