The Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command will host the Surface Warrior Challenge III “Three-Peat Triathlon,” starting at 6 a.m. Aug. 12 at the Scott Air Force Base Fitness Center Pool.
SWC-III is a triathlon consisting of three events: Swimming, biking, and running.
The event is free to participate in and open to all Department of Defense CAC holders, to include military, civilian, contractors, and dependents 16 years old and up. The SWC-III “Three-Peat Triathlon” categories are as follows:
▪ Individual Mini: Consists of an individual competitor conducting a 100 meter swim (one lap in the Scott AFB pool), a 10.6K bike ride (one lap around the SAFB Airfield), and a 1.6K run (.8K out and back);
Never miss a local story.
▪ Team Mini: Same activities and distances as the Individual Mini, but allows up to three team members to complete the course. Teammates must slap hands prior to starting the next activity;
▪ Individual Full: Consists of an individual competitor conducting a 500 meter swim (five laps in the Scott AFB pool), a 31.8K bike ride (three laps around the SAFB Airfield), and a 5K run (2.5K out and back);
▪ Team Full: Same activities and distance as the Individual Full, but allows up to three team members to complete the course. Teammates must slap hands prior to starting the next activity;
▪ Three-Peat Individual: Consists of a swim-bike-run circuit (100 meter swim—10.6K bike ride; 1.6K run). Individuals will complete the swim-bike-run circuit three consecutive times; and
▪ Three-Peat Team: Same activities and distance as Three-Peat Individual, but each team member will complete one activity three separate times. Teammates must slap hands prior to starting each circuit activity. Activities must be completed sequentially.
Sign-up sheets are available at the base fitness centers, gyms, and pool. Additionally, people can contact the SDDC Headquarters & Headquarters Detachment First Sergeant, Sgt. 1st Class Anna Sanders, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up. All finishers will receive a limited edition Surface Warrior Challenge III medallion.