Note: Scott events are targeted for DoD ID card holders. Please direct questions about any event to the POC listed.
RETIREE APPRECIATION DAYS SCHEDULED
Fort Leonard Wood is hosting the 38th annual Retiree Appreciation Days for all military connected veterans, their spouses, and annuitant’s. This event will take place Sept. 8-9, and is open to all military retirees, their spouses, and annuitant’s.
Never miss a local story.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 9 at Abrams Theater (Bldg. 804) and last until 8:30 a.m. For more information contact Noah Stevens or Darlene Kelley at (573) 596-0947 or (573) 596-6637.
BEREDA CANDLELIGHT 5K RUN/WALK
A candlelight 5K run/walk to celebrate the lives of Brennen and Finley Bereda will take place from 6-8 p.m. Sept. 22 at Rock Springs Park in O’Fallon, 1428 E. 3rd St. Registration is not required, as the 5K is free.
The 5K will be followed by: Lighting of luminaries, prayer led by St. Clare Church Deacon, local country pop star Coy Taylor singing “God, Your Mama, & Me,” food and fellowship. Parking is available at the park, on the street, and at the First Baptist Church of O’Fallon.
Please contact Heather Braundmeier at email@example.com or (618) 660-5382 with questions or volunteer opportunities.
PINK AND PURPLE POOCH PARADE
This year, dogs are joining the fight against breast cancer and domestic violence as they will participate in the Pink and Purple Pooch Parade scheduled for Oct. 6. The parade will commence at the Parade Field and conclude at the ALS Pavilion and will also feature a D.J., photo booth, resource tables and lunch provided by the USO.
No pooch? Spectators are encouraged to line the street and watch the parade of dogs and their human families.
SCOTT CHAPEL SERVICE SCHEDULE
ROMAN CATHOLIC PROGRAMS
▪ Reconciliation: 8:30 a.m.
▪ Sunday mass: 9:30 a.m.
▪ Rosary (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday): 11:30 a.m.
▪ Prayer service (Breviary Tuesday and Thursday): 11:30 a.m.
▪ Daily mass (will resume in October): 11:30 a.m.
▪ Fellowship (after mass): Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
▪ Catholic religious education (begins Sept. 10): Sunday, 11:15 a.m. at the Education Building
▪ Catholic Women of the Chapel: 6 p.m.
▪ Military Council of Catholic Women (first Tuesday): 6 p.m.
▪ Knights of Columbus (third Wednesday): 8 p.m.
▪ Rite of Christian Initiation for adults and Catholic bible study (begins in October): 8 p.m.
▪ Traditional worship service (Sunday): 8 a.m.
▪ Gospel worship service (Sunday): 11 a.m.
▪ Children’s church (second and fourth Sunday of the month): 11 a.m.
▪ Contemporary worship service (Sunday): 5 p.m.
▪ Protestant Women of the Chapel: 9:15 a.m.
▪ Bible study/children’s ministry (Tuesday): 9:15 a.m.
▪ Sunday on Wednesday religious education: 6 p.m.
▪ Fellowship dinner: 5 p.m.
▪ Bible studies/children’s ministry (begins Sept. 13): 5 p.m.
▪ Protestant Youth of the Chapel (Wednesday): 6 p.m.
▪ Protestant Men of the Chapel (Saturday): 8 a.m.
SOKA GAKKAI INTERNATIONAL, LED BY TIMOTHY MISSI
▪ Third Saturday of the month: 1:30-5 p.m.
DORM DINNERS (E1-E4)
▪ Mascoutah Dorm Day Room (Tuesdays): 5 p.m.