The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
ST. CLAIR COUNTY FELONIES
MONDAY, APRIL 18
- Kayla A. Gill, 25, of 204 Stone St., Dupo, arrested on suspicion of residential burglary on or about April 14 by Dupo police. Gill allegedly, entered into the dwelling place of William Belfield, located at 127 N. 9th St., Dupo, with the intent to commit theft therein.
- Cory A. Houghlan, 24, of 202 N. 8th St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of four counts of aggravated battery on or about March 28 by Belleville police. Houghlan allegedly, in committing a battery, and while at Southside Park, located at 600 S. 6th St., Belleville, a public place, knowingly made physical contact with a minor, initials P.P., date of birth, Sept. 10, 1998, i that he punched the minor in the head; knowingly caused bodily harm to Jacob Reeder, in that he struck Jacob in the hand with a ratchet; by use of a deadly weapon, a ratchet, knowingly struck Jacob Reeder in the head; struck Jacob Reeder in the head with a ratchet, causing a laceration and causing a concussion resulting in hearing loss in the right ear and vision loss in the right eye.
- Michael C. Newton, 23, of 21 Fairview Drive, Fairview Heights, arrested on suspicion of aggravated arson on or about Nov. 4, 2015 by Belleville police. Newton allegedly, while committing arson, knowingly partially damaged a building of Dandell Property Management being a multi-level apartment building located at 204 N. 48th St., Belleville, and reasonably should have known Clera McNear and other persons were present therein.
- Lindell K. Ferguson Jr., 22, of 2111 S. 1st St., Fayetteville, arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine on or about April 15 by Freeburg police. Ferguson allegedly, possessed less than 5 grams of methamphetamine.
- Roy D. Brown Jr., 27, of 38 Apple Tree Lane, Belleville, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about Oct. 17, 2015 by Fairview Heights police. Brown allegedly, took possession of merchandise from King’s Beauty, 309 Market Place Drive, Fairview Heights, being a box of Remy brand hair extensions, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Asia D. Helm, 1235 McCasland Ave., Apt. 3C, East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon, two counts of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon on or about April 16 by East St. Louis police. Helm allegedly, carried a concealed on her person, a 9mm handgun, at a time when she was not on her own land, or in her own abode, or fixed place of business, and the defendant was on a public way within 1,000 feet of public housing being the John DeShields Housing Complex located at 1235 McCasland Ave., East St. Louis; knowingly carried on her person a 9mm handgun at a time when she was not on her own land, or in her own abode, or fixed place of business, and the defendant had not been issued a current, valid FOID Card; knowingly carried on her person a 9mm handgun at a time when she was not on her own land, or in her own abode, or fixed place of business, and the defendant was engaged in a misdemeanor violation of the Cannabis Control Act.
TUESDAY, APRIL 19
- Stephanie L. Myers, 34, of 1108 De Couagne Drive, East St. Louis, arrested on suspicion of unlawful use of a debit card on or about Dec. 4, 2015 by Fairview Heights police. Myers allegedly, with the intent to defraud the issuer, Scott Credit Union, used a Scott Credit Union Visa debit card, which was without the cardholders consent for the purpose of obtaining goods, being a pre-paid Visa Gift Card, total value not in excess of $300.
- Shawn A. McCallister, 35, of 417 S. Madison St., Trenton, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about April 18 by O’Fallon police. McCallister allegedly, took merchandise from Walmart, 1530 W. Highway 50, O’Fallon, being extension cords, batteries and a Leap Pad computer, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Leslie J. Hupp, 37, of 10120 State Route 161, Bartelso, arrested on suspicion of retail theft on or about May 18, 23015 by Fairview Heights police. Hupp allegedly, took merchandise from J.C. Penney, 245 S. Clair Square, Fairview Heights, being jewelry, a wallet, tops and other merchandise, total retail value in excess of $300.
- Ginger L. Jones, 35, of 307 S. Charles St., Belleville, arrested on suspicion of retail theft, subsequent on or about Jan. 19, by Mascoutah police. Jones allegedly, took merchandise from Moto Mart, 303 E. Main St., Mascoutah, being candy, total retail value not in excess of $300. Defendant had been previously convicted of theft on March 4, 2014.