Following is a list of players who shined in week two of the regular season:
▪ Highland quarterback Garrett Marti accounted for over 500 yards of total offense as Highland raced past Belleville East 63-33. Through the air, Marti was 19-of-28 for 374 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed for 174 yards on just 10 carries.
▪ Highland wide receivers Sam LaPorta and Brady Fedlman combined for 15 receptions and 317 yards in the Bulldogs win over Belleville East. LaPorta caught eight passes for 159 yards while Feldman had seven receptions for 158 yards.
▪ Central quarterback Trent Nunn ran for four touchdowns and added a touchdown pass as the Cougars (2-0) defeated Salem 33-18 in Cahokia Conference play. Nunn scored on runs of six, four, seven and seven yards while finishing with 106 yards on 16 carries. he was 14-of-18 for 166 yards passing.
▪ The Columbia brothers duo of Nic Horner and Sam Horner helped lead the Eagles past Waterloo 31-25. The Eagles quarterback, Nic Horner completed 10-of-18 for 193 yards and two touchdowns. Sam Horner had four receptions — one for a 50-yard score — and finished with 119 yards.
▪ Freeburg quarterback Cal Clossen was 15-of-31 for 346 yards and a touchdown in the Midgets 48-27 loss at Carlyle.
▪ Carlyle (2-0) got big nights from quarterback Alex Huels and wide receiver Tyler Siever in their 48-27 win over Freeburg. Huels fired four touchdown passes, including two to Nick Becker, wile Siever scored twice on passes from Huels and a 73-yard kickoff return.
▪ Granite City quarterback Freddy Edwards rushed for 190 yards and three touchdowns while dding three touchdown passes as the surprising Warriors (2-0) throttled Carbondale 55-30 in a non-conference game.
▪ Jerseyville quarterback Drew Sauerwein was 19-of-25 for 276 yards and four touchdowns as the Panthers (1-1) defeated Metamora 27-24.
▪ The Mascoutah running back trio of Darius Cooley, Devin Wills and Ronald Clay combined for seven touchdowns as the Indians (1-1) rolled to an easy 48-9 win over Mattoon. Wills led the way with 127 yards and a pair of touchdowns, while Cooley scored three times on runs of five, eight and 10 yards. Clay also scored twice on runs of six and 58 yards.
▪ Triad quarterback Cody Qualls and running back Trevor Nott led the way as the Knights (2-0) rolled past Collinsville 47-7. Nott ran for 146 yards and scored on runs of 17, 24 and 46 yards, while Qualls finished with 96 yards on eight carries and scored on runs of 22 and 29 yards.
▪ Alton running back Darrell Smith carries the ball 11 times for 248 yards as the Redbirds (1-1) defeated Quincy 48-21 on Friday.
▪ Belleville West senior Kriston Davis scored on runs of 45, 37 and 30 yards in a 35-21 loss to Timber Creek, N.J. David finished with 36 carries for 222 yards for the Maroons (1-1).
▪ East St. Louis defenders Oliver McDowell and Walter Baxter had a hand in 21 tackles as the Flyers (1-1) fell to Evangel Christian 14-6 on Saturday. Baxter had seven solo tackles and four assists while McDowell had solo stops and two assists.
▪ Edwardsville sophomore Dionte Rodgers rushed 34 times for 186 yards but the Tigers (0-2) fell to CBC 40-19 at the Edwardsville Sports Complex.
▪ Belleville East quarterback Kienen Waller completed 24 of 42 passes for 289 yards and three touchdowns in a 63-33 loss to Highland. Lancers receiver DeCarlos Johnson had 10 receptions for 157 yards
▪ Althoff running back Richard Cosey had 20 attempts for 186 yards in the Crusaders 21-15 win over Jefferson City (Mo.) Helias Catholic.