▪ Belleville West senior Kriston Davis ran for 117 yards and a touchdown as the Maroons mowed down Granite City 41-0 on Friday in a Southwestern Conference game. It was the fifth straight game in which Davis has rushed for over 100 yards.
▪ Making his debut at quarterback, Jack McCloskey was 12 of 18 for 164 yards and four touchdowns in a 41-0 win for Belleville West over Granite City. Nine of those completions were to Will Lanxon, who finished with 122 yards receiving yards and two touchdowns.
▪ Carlyle quarterback Alex Huels was 19 of 40 for 346 yards and three touchdowns in a 64-28 loss to Cahokia Conference rival Columbia on Friday. Huels was also intercepted five times.
▪ Edwardsville quarterback Kendall Abdur-Rahman rushed for 205 yards and two touchdowns while running back running back Antonio Thigpen ran for 125 yards and a score as the Tigers held off Alton in a Southwestern Conference game.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Civic Memorial running back Austin Eaton ran for 100 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles 42-6 loss at Waterloo.
▪ Carlyle wide receivers Tyler Siever and Nick Becker had 13 receptions for 297 yards and two touchdowns in the Indians’ loss to Columbia. Becker had seven catches for 151 yards and a score, while Siever had six catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.
▪ Mater Dei quarterback Travis Jasper was 10-of-18 for 258 yards and three touchdowns as Mater Dei got back on track with a 40-12 win over Central.
▪ Filling in for injured senior Colton Byrd, Columbia running back Donovan Bieber rushed for 200 yards and three touchdowns as Columbia blasted Carlyler 64-28 in a Cahokia Conference game. Bieber scored on runs of 15, 49 and 15 for Columbia (3-2).
▪ Mater Dei wide receiver Lucas Theising caught three passes for 87 yards, two for touchdowns and also intercepted a pair of passes as the Knights regained the Milk Bowl with an easy win over Central.
▪ Columbia quarterback Nic Horner was 12 of 23 for 142 yards and a pair of touchdowns as the Eagles got back on the winning track with the easy win over Carlyle (3-2).
▪ O’Fallon quarterback Christian Curtis was 11 of 20 for 310 yards and fired four touchdown passes as O’Fallon defeated Belleville East 43-40 in a wild high scoring Southwestern Conference game.
▪ East St. Louis running back Jaylen Reed carried the ball 16 times for 242 yards and two touchdowns as East St. Louis scorched Collinsville 80-6 in a Southwestern Conference game Friday.
▪ Belleville East quarterback Kienen Waller was 15 of 27 for 260 yards and four touchdowns in a 43-40 loss at O’Fallon on Friday.
▪ Highland quarterback Garrett Marti and wide receiver Sam LaPorta had big nights in the Bulldogs 28-13 win over Triad. Marti was 12 of 24 for 190 yards, while LaPorta caught six passes for 75 yards and two scores.
▪ East St. Louis quarterback Christian Perez was 8 of 10 for 137 yards and three touchdowns in the Flyers’ (4-1) big win over Collinsville.
▪ Althoff senior Melvin Brock caught 10 passes for 105 yards and a score but it wasn’t enough to event from stopping Centralia from upsetting the Crusaders 21-14 on Friday.
▪ Freeburg running back Hayden Shea rushed for 121 yards and two touchdowns but the Midgets still fell to Red Bud 34-21 in a Cahokia Conference game Friday.
▪ Jerseyville running back Kurt Hall rushed for 208 yards and four scores as the Panthers defeated Mascoutah 51-39 in a Mississippi Valley Conference game. Hall scored on runs 30, 36- and 58 yards and caught a 7-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Drew Sauerwein. Sauerewein was 11-of-18 for 198 and four touchdowns.
▪ Mascoutah backup quarterback Devon Ross completed 17 of 32 passes for 288 yards and five touchdowns as the Indians (2-3) fell to Jerseyville 51-39 on Friday.
▪ Mater Dei running back Logan Ratermann rushed for 148 yards and scored twice at Mater Dei defeated Central 40-12 on Friday at Mater Dei High School.
▪ Althoff running back Richard Cosey ran for 169 yards and a touchdown in a 21-14 loss to Centralia in a South Seven Conference game Friday at Althoff.
▪ Triad freshman Samuel Yager rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns as the Knights fell for the first time in the ‘17 season, losing to Highland 28-13 in a Mississippi Valley Conference showdown.
▪ Waterloo running back Dalton Viglasky rushed for 200 yards on just 12 carries as the Bulldogs rolled past Civic Memorial 42-6 in a Mississippi Valley Conference game Friday in Waterloo.
▪ Red Bud quarterback Griffin Ziebold rushed for 116 yards and added three touchdown passes as the Musketeers remained in the thick of the playoff chase with a Cahokia Conference win over Freeburg.
▪ Wesclin running backs Gavin Bilbruck and RJ Kattenbraker combined for four touchdown runs and 284 yards on the ground as the Warriors (5-0) continued to roll with a 41-22 win over Salem. Bilbruck finished with 168 yards on 16 attempts and three scores, while Kattenbraker rushed for 116 yards and a score.
▪ O’Fallon running back Jacob Flores rushed for 116 yards while wide receiver Deonta Woods had 141 receiving yards and two touchdowns in a 43-40 win over Belleville East.