▪ St. Pancratius Euchre Tournament — 1:30 p.m. Sunday, St. Pancratius Parish Hall, Fayetteville. $5 per person.
▪ Euchre tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Smithton Senior Center, partner night; everyone welcome.
▪ Maryville Concert in the Park — 3 p.m. Sunday, Illinois 159, downtown Maryville, Fireman’s Park. Free. George Portz and his Friends of Bluegrass. Fiddling jam featuring 7-year-old Olivia Webb and 95-year-old Clliff Boles and son Mike Boles; Trish Pisetta. Bring lawn chairs. Information: George Portz, 618-632-1384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Bass Fishing Tournament —4 p.m.-dusk Thursday; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. $20 to take part. Cash payout for placing.
▪ Plant Sale — 11 a.m-3 p.m. Thursday. Rural King parking lot, 2801 N. Illinois St., Swansea. St. Clair County Garden Club is selling plants from members’ gardens to raise money for audio-visual equipment. Information: Marti at 618-476-9228.
▪ St. Clair Square Mall Walk — Meet at 6:15 p.m. at Schnuck’s Pharmacy, 625 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights, to register; drive to mall for 6:30 p.m. walk. $3 fee. Information: Trudy at email@example.com or www.illinois-trekkers.org
▪ Live music — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon & Eatery, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Radioactive on Friday; Beale Street on Saturday.
▪ Art in the Park — Friday preview night. Original artworks for sale from 10 a.m. -5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Lindendale Park, Highland. Free. Variety of art mediums; Kids Kreation area. Dr. Dan the Pancake Man will make amazing pancake designs. Artists will demonstrate techniques. Art Gallery where kids can purchase art for $5. Music, food and fun.
▪ Walkathon at Unity Lutheran School — 1-2:30 p.m. Friday; Unity Lutheran Christian Elementary School, 1600 N. 40th St., East St. Louis. Goal: Raise $5,000 for the Belong To Jesus Scholarship Fund. Information: 618-874-6605 or www.unityesl.org
▪ Millstadt Senior Center Porch and Sidewalk Sale — 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday, 102 S. Jefferson, Millstadt. Treasures from local residents’ homes on display and for sale. Information: 618-476-3731.
▪ Fall Rummage and Bake Sale — 4-7 p.m. Friday; 8-11 a.m. Saturday. Sacred Heart Women’s Club, 102 S. Third St., Dupo. Admission Friday: Canned goods or monetary donation to benefit DuKare.
▪ Holiday Rummage Sale — 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday in conjunction with Legion’s Pork & Beef Dinner. Aviston American Legion Auxiliary. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas items only.
▪ Rummage and bake sale — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, St. Paul United Church of Christ, 115 West B St., Belleville. Brown bag special from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Sponsored by Women’s Guild.
▪ Story-Telling event —2:30-3:30 p.m. Friday. Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. Story teller Gary Jacksons: “History of Jack the Ripper.” Free; refreshments and fall snack mix.
▪ SIUE Sculpture Walk — 4 p.m. Friday, beginning in lobby of Art & Design West, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Features 12 student-designed and installed sculptures. Designs will remain on display for one year.
▪ Washington Park Citywide Clean-Up Day — 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Meet at Trinity Outreach Center, 5110 Forest Blvd., Washington Park. To donate items for the clean up, call 618-874-2040.
▪ Pet Blessing — noon- 2 p.m. Saturday, Christ Anglican Church, 5600 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Pets blessed in honor of St. Francis of Assisi Day. Everyone is welcome to bring creatures great and small.
▪ Village-Wide Garage Sale — 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday in Damiansville, off Interstate 64, exit 34, three miles south of Albers.
▪ Walking Tour of Village of West Belleville Historic District —. Saturday, 1106 W. Main St. (West End Park). Tour is about 16 blocks and lasts about 60 minutes. $10 per person; 12 years and up. Benefits Belleville Historical Society. Reservations required: 618-236-7481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ 5K/10K Fall Walk in Elsah — Starts between 9 and 11 a.m. Saturday at Farley’s Music Hall, 37 Mill St., Elsah. $3. Finish by 2. Note: Principia College campus is alcohol, tobacco and drug free. Photos permitted, but cannot be posted on social media. College chapel will be open. Information, contact Cindy or Tom at 636-208-3425 or www.illinois-trekkers.org or www.ava.org
▪ Guided hike at Max Creek in Johnson County — 10 a.m. Saturday. New Simpson-Tunnel Hill School on Illinois 45 between Ozark and Vienna. Moderate difficulty, between 4 and 6 miles. Boots or sturdy shoes and hiking sticks recommended. Bring water and a snack. No dogs, please. Information: 618-499-2337. Sponsor: River-to-River Trail Society.
▪ Fall Sale/Bake Sale — 8 a.m.-1.p.m. Saturday, Hope Lutheran Church, 8715 Wabash, Granite City. Homemade goodies, crafts, art work, jewelry, household goods.
▪ Alzheimer’s Walk — register at 8 a.m. Saturday; ceremony at 9; 2-mile walk begins at 9:30 at Southwestern Illinois College in front of Building 10. Cost: make a donation; form a team. Information: alz.org/walk or Tami Brill, 314-801-8053. Raises money for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
▪ Pumpkinfest — 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Courthouse Square, downtown Waterloo. Free. 5K run/walk, music, craft and merchant booths, pumpkin painting, pumpkin games, pumpkin contests, washer tournament, demonstrations, face painting, food.
▪ World War II Days — 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Fort de Chartres State Historic Site near Prairie du Rocher. Large-scale event featuring World War II-era displays, demonstrations and re-enactments. Co-sponsors: Living History Association and U.S. 2nd Ranger Infantry Battalion of St. Louis.
▪ East S. Louis Branch NAACP 62nd Annual Freedom Fund Awards Banquet — reception starts at 4:30 p.m. Sunday; banquet at 5:30; program at 6. Marriott St. Louis Hotel, 800 Washington Ave., St. Louis. Fifteen men and women honored. Theme is “Our Lives Matter ... Our Votes Count.” Information: 618-271-4698.
▪ Car Show — 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Free. Live music noon-4 p.m. by Boulderdash.
▪ Poker Run Benefit — register from 10:30-noon noon Sunday at Backstreet Wine & Dine in Hecker. $10 a hand or $20 for three hands.
▪ Maeystown Oktoberfest — 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday on the grounds of the 1859 rock mill and museum. More than 60 arts, crafts, antique booths and food stands. Turtle soup, rib-eye steak sandwiches, homemade pies and popcorn cooked in old-fashioned kettles. Bratwurst, potato pancakes, apple butter, baked goods and ice cream. Village shops open for the day. Proceeds benefit developing museum and vistors’ center. Maeystown is 8 miles southwest of Waterloo. Information: 618-580-5875 or Maeystown.com
▪ 1K Wine Walk — noon Sunday, Weingarten, 1780 Illinois 15, Belleville. Walk with St. Clair County Office on Aging and enjoy five tasting stations along the .6 mile route. Information: 618-234-4410, ext. 7044.
▪ Day of Peace — Espenschied Chapel, Mascoutah. Silent meditation, yoga classes, aromatherapy class, vegan potluck. Donations appreciated. Mark Biehl’s Tibetan Singing Bowl Meditation at 6 p.m. costs $20 in advance; $25 at door. Tickets available at Bee Hollow Market or call 618-972-6392.
▪ Belleville Swap Meet Motorcycle Parts Extravaganza — 7-10 a.m. Sunday, early bird admission, $10; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission, $7; Children 14 and under free. Belle-Clair Fairgrounds Park, 200 South Belt East (Illinois 13 and 159), Belleville. Information: 618-233-0052
▪ Shooting Match and Dinner —11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, New Baden American Legion, 105 E. Illinois St., New Baden. All you can eat roast pork and sausage dinner; shooting match for meats and meat raffles. 12 and under, BB gun shoot. Drink specials.
▪ Live Music with Paul Bonn — 4-8 p.m. Sunday; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens.
▪ Gospel Music — 10 a.m. Monday, The Gospel Machine. Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. Refreshments. Free.
▪ O’Fallon walk — Register at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday; walk at 9. $3 fee. Starts at YMCA, 284 N. Seven Hills Road. Information: contact Trudy at email@example.com or www.illinois trekkers.org
▪ Aviston Legion Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. Aviston Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, baked potato, slaw, applesauce. Eat-in or carry out. Information 618-228-7311 or ww.avistonlegion.com
▪ Marissa Fire Department Fish Fry — 4-9 p.m. Friday, Marissa City Park (south). Cod and catfish sandwiches, plats and by the pound, side items, desserts and beverages.
▪ Swansea Fish Stand — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and more. Information: 618-222-7171.
▪ Quail Club Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Cod, walleye, shrimp, wings, burgers, sides and desserts available. Carry out; no phone orders. Information: www.quailclub.com
▪ Whole Hog Pork Sausage and Beef Dinner — 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9. All-you-can-eat, Eat-in or carry out. Aviston American Legion, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Information: 618-228-7311.
▪ Barbecue — Starts at noon Saturday, Caseyville Moose Lodge No. 4, 8550 Bunkum Road, Caseyville. Barbecue ribs, pork steaks, chicken, pulled pork, homemade mac ‘n’ cheese, potato salad, baked beans.
▪ Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. 618-345-2508.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
▪ Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
▪ Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
▪ Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
▪ Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post 22.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229. O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651. O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
▪ Scott VFW Post 4183 Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. outside Scott Air Force Base, Belleville Gate. Information, call 618-746-9801.
▪ Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carryout, 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
▪ St. Mary Parish Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Mary School basement, 1706 W. Main St., Belleville. Dine in or carry out. Cod or walleye sandwich, plate or by the pound, homemade potato salad, fries, onion rings, spaghetti, cole slaw and desserts.
▪ Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
▪ Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
▪ Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp, 618-667-8387.
▪ Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday. Knights of Columbus, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Walton’s Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus, Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Evening in Athens —4-8 p.m. Saturday, Sts. Constantine and Helen, 405 Huntwood Road, Swansea. Greek food including chicken, gyros, lamb shanks, Greek salad, pastries. Carryout available, 618-277-0330.
▪ Annual Chili Supper —4-7 p.m. Saturday, First Congregational United Church of Christ, 425 Louisa Ave., Dupo. Adults, $7; children, $4; children under 5, free. Carry outs available.
▪ Breakfast in Albers — 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, Albers American Legion, $8 adults; $4 children 6 to 12; 5 and under, free. Carry outs available. Pork sausage, ham, pancakes, eggs, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Benefits Legion youth programs. Information, 618-248-5505.
▪ Swansea Farmer’s Market — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursdays, Rural King parking lot, 2801 N. Illinois St., Swansea. Locally grown crops (tomatoes, cucumbers, and more), baked goods and crafts. Information: 618-978-8753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Old Town Market — 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays, West Main and First streets, in the parking lot of the St. Clair County Public Health Department, downtown Belleville. Locally grown produce, plants, honey, baked goods, summer sausage, apple butter, jams and jellies, homemade soaps, handmade jewelry and other crafts.
▪ Meat Shoot — starts at noon Sunday, VFW Post 1300, 3401 Century Drive, Granite City. Information: 618-877-8764.
▪ Meat Shoot — noon-7 p.m. Sunday, Elks Lodge, Illinois 161 and Old Lincoln, Fairview Heights. Free admission and food. Cash bar, 50/50 raffle, cake raffles, money rounds, ham steaks.
▪ Mascoutah Sportsmen’s Club Meat Shoot — starts noon Sunday, 1535 N County Road. Meat and money raffles, pot shots, trap (weather permitting). 12-gauge and 20-gauge house guns available.
▪ “The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet” — 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Belleville West Performing Arts Center, 4063 Frank Scott Parkway West. Tickets: $6, students; $10, adults. Sword fights and Renaissance dance numbers.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2641.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.