- Concert at Bellevue Park — 7-8:15 p.m. Thursday, 401 Bellevue Park Drive, Belleville. Music by The Dale Willeford Band. Free. Bring lawn chairs.
- Grafton’s Music in the Park — 7 p.m. Thursday, The Grove Memorial Park, corner of Main Street and Market (Route 3) in downtown Grafton. Free. Bring lawn chair or blanket. 50/50 drawing during the concert. Bring a can or dry food donation for Grafton Food Pantry. Music by The Hot Flashes (’50s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s).
- Patriotic Concert in Edwardsville — 8 p.m. Thursday, City Park near library at 112 S. Buchanan St. Free. Edwardsville Municipal Band. Vocalist: Emily Ottwein. Concession stand operated by Goshen preservation Allliance. Information: www.edwband.com.
- Patriotic Concert — 7 p.m. Sunday, Zion Evangelical Church, 117 W. White St., Millstadt. The choir will salute the Millstadt VFW Post 7980 as they celebrate their 70th anniversary. Second half of concert will honor the USO which is celebrating their 75th anniversary. Popular tunes from WWII-era, Korean Conflict era, Vietnam era. No charge.
- 4th of July Dance — 2-5:30 p.m. Monday, Okawville Community Club, Exhibition Hall, 511 S. Hanover St., Okawville. Featuring the Heritage Band. Admission: $5 per person for the dance only. Community Club will sell beer and soda, 1/4 and 1/2 chicken sandwiches, other sandwiches, and German potato salad after 1 p.m. Adult carry outs available.
- Ballroom Dance — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Belleville/Swansea Moose Lodge, 2425 N. Illinois St., Swansea. Music by The Alley Kats. Wear red, white and blue.
- 3-Mile Group Walk — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, rear of Glen Carbon Library, 198 S. Main St., Glen Carbon. $3 fee. Bring water and insect repellent.
- Bass Fishing Tournament — 4 p.m. to dusk, Thursday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens, sponsored by Riverhouse Bass Club, 618-475-2223.
- Patriots in the Park — Thursday-Monday, Wilson Park, 2900 Benton St., Granite City. Carnival rides, concerts, carriage rides, food and entertainment. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. July 4 at Coolidge Middle School grounds, 3231 Nameoki Road, Granite City.
- Steeleville’s 150th Anniversary - 4th of July Celebration — 6 p.m. Friday; 4 p.m. Saturday; 4 p.m. Sunday; 10 a.m. Monday, Steeleville City Park, 107 W. Broadway St., Steeleville. Parade at 10 a.m. on Monday, theme is “Steeleville Through the Decades.” Activities include raffles, carnival, laser tag, bowling, picture display, firecracker rumble, castle perilous, dunking tank, bean bag tournament, candy walk, music, lots more. 4th of July wooden bat classic.
- Military days at Raging Rivers Water Park — 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m. July 1-6, free entry for military personnel with military ID. $13 for family members. Grafton. Information: 618-786-2345 or raging rivers.com.
- DJ and Karaoke — 8 p.m. to midnight Friday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens, 618-475-2223.
- St. Michael’s Church Paderborn Picnic & Homecoming — 3 p.m. Saturday, St. Michael’s Church Paderborn, 4576 Buss Branch Road, Waterloo. All-you-can-eat chicken dinner, 3-7 p.m. Hand-stitched quilt, cash bingo, 6 p.m. Masses, 3:30 and 5 p.m. Raffle.
- Caseyville Independence Day Picnic — Opens at 5 p.m. Saturday, Caseyville Park, 40 W. Reynolds St., Caseyville. Music, food, novelties, contests. Corn-on-the-cob-eating contestt at 7:15 p.m. Fireworks after 9 p.m.
- Spectacular Dam Jam — Saturday, Dam West and Dam East Recreation Areas, Carlyle Lake. Volleyball tournaments, sand castle building contest, live music, vendors, games, fireworks at dusk.
- Car Cruise — 5-9 p.m. Saturday, on the brick street in Lebanon.
- Live Music — Dirty Mike and the Boyz, 8 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens, 618-479-2223.
- Arts & Entertainment Festival — 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Katherine Dunham Museum, Outdoor African Village, 1005 Pennsylvania Ave., East St. Louis. Showcasing talented East St. Louis performers, artisans and vendors. Enjoy East St. Louisan singers, dancers, musicians, comedians, and poets on the outdoor stage. Food vendors available. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Information: 618-219-6482, www.iamestl.com.
- Millstadt: Years Gone By — 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Millstadt Senior Center, 102 S. Jefferson St., Millstadt. Display of memorabilia and photos of Millstadt in the late 1800s through mid-1900s. Free. Information: www.millstadthistoricalsociety.org
- Live music — Clusterpluck plays bluegrass, newgrass and folk, 3-7 p.m. Sunday, and Stump Water Shine performs 9 p.m. to midnight, 9 Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens, 618-475-2223.
- Mascoutah July 4th Festival, 4-11 p.m. Monday, Scheve Park, Mascoutah. Food and crafts booths. Softball and kickball tournaments. Rides, kids games, raffle, artisans, music. Fireworks at dusk.
- Liberty Bell of the West Patriotic Celebration — 12:30 p.m. Monday, Liberty Bell of the West Shrine, Kaskaskia. Food available for purchase. Free. Patriotic music and tributes, ringing of the bell for liberty, French Marine salute, tours of historic church.
- Columbia Independence Day Celebration — 11 a.m. Monday, American Legion Memorial Park, 375 E. Locust St., Columbia. Breakfast in the Legion Hall at 9 a.m. Features food, beer and other refreshments, bongo, washers tournament, Kloepper tournament. Fireworks begin at dusk.
- Okawville July 4 Dance — 2-5:30 p.m. Monday, Okawville Community Club, 511 S. Hanover St., Okawville. Music by Heritage. Admission $5. Chicken, fish, German potato salad, slaw and applesauce will be served starting at noon.
- Dupo Picnic in the Park — Monday, Dupo Community Park, 900 Bluffview Elementary Drive, Dupo. Food, games, live entertainment, arts and crafts. Fireworks at dusk.
- Fourth of July Show — Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers, 3-7 p.m. Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens, 618-475-2223.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 8 a.m. Tuesday, Lobby of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 211 N. 3rd St., Belleville. Register at 7:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Bring water to drink. Information: Diane, email@example.com, www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Free Summer Movie Series — 10 a.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, Lincoln Theatre, 103 E. Main St., Belleville. Movie: “Space Jam.”
- Car Cruise — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dandy Inn, 1030 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights. All and beverages must be purchased from Dandy Inn.
- Barbecue — 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Turkey Hill Grange Hall, corner of Green Mount Road and Illinois 15 (near Eckert’s), Belleville. Pork steaks, pulled pork sandwich, brats, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, chunky applesauce, cucumber salad, brownies, cobbler, pie, cake, canned drinks. Kids meal. Carryout available.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Walton’s Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus, Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Homemade desserts. Carryout: 618-632-5222.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carry out by calling 618-746-9801.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp, 618-667-8387.
- BBQ — 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, , Central Bank parking lot, intersection of Illinois Highway 158 and Highway 163, Millstadt. Featuring Carolina-style pulled pork, pork steaks, brats, hamburgers, sandwiches and plate with choice of two sides. Sponsored by Boy Scout Troop 622 of Millstadt. Also, the Troop will sell soft drinks, nachos and hot dogs from 6-9 p.m. at the Display of Independence fireworks in Millstadt Village Park.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryout, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post 22.
- Euchre tournament — Friday, Smithton Senior Center, partner night, everyone welcome.
- Swansea Farmer’s Market — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Rural King parking lot, Illinois 159, Swansea.
- Old Town Market — 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, West Main and First streets, in the parking lot of the St. Clair County Public Health Department, downtown Belleville. Locally grown produce, plants, honey, baked goods, summer sausage, apple butter, jams and jellies, homemade soaps, handmade jewelry and other crafts.
- Buck-A-Bag sale— 8 a.m.-noon, Friday, Freeburg Food and Clothing Bank, 8 N. Belleville St., Freeburg. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and shoes, $1 per bag. Toys, books. household items. 618-539-5070.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2641.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.