Several churches host VBS events
* New Baden United Methodist Church will host the "SonRise Kids Camp" Vacation Bible School, open to kids ages 5 through those who have completed fifth grade, from 9 a.m.-noon June 22-26.
A closing program and meal will be at 5:30 p.m. June 26. Register online at www.newbadenumc.org, at the Cotton Patch Boutique, or call 248-1239.
* The Garden Heights Baptist Church, 1897 Mascoutah Avenue, Belleville, will host a block party from 4-6 p.m. today to kick off the "Boomerang Express" Vacation Bible School.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
Children ages 3 through sixth grade are invited to enjoy food, fun and registration for Vacation Bible School.
"Boomerang Express" VBS classes run from 6-8:45 p.m. June 14-19. For information call 233-0686 or 960-7037.
* The "Upward Bound" Vacation Bible School will be from 9 a.m.-noon June 15-19 at Center Grove Presbyterian Church, 6279 Center Grove Road, Edwardsville.
Participants will take part in crafts, games and singing as they learn about the rugged life of Christ by exploring the Scriptures in search of the God who saves.
"Upward Bound" is open to children 4 years old by Sept. 1) through children who have completed fifth grade. For information call the church at 656-9485.
* The Pentecostals of Troy, 312 S. Main Street, Troy, will host a Vacation Bible School July 19-22. For information, or to register online, visit www.pentecostalsoftroy.org.
* First Baptist Church O'Fallon, 1111 E. Highway 50, will host a free Vacation Bible School June 15-19 for children ages 4 through sixth grade. Family Night performance of the "Boomerang Express," with inflatables afterwards, will be at 6 p.m. June 21. For information, call 632-6223 or visit www.fbcokidslife.com.
* Vacation Bible School will be from 6-8:30 p.m. June 22-26 at Concordia United Church of Christ, 7600 State Route 163, Belleville. The theme is "Crocodile Dock."
For information, call 476-3377.
* Vacation Bible School for children ages 4 to 12 will be from 6-8:15 p.m. June 22-26 at Emmanuel Church of the Nazarene, 8201 Old St. Louis Road, Belleville.
For information, call 538-7335.
Church celebrates anniversary
Trinity United Church of Christ, 47 North Douglas Ave., Belleville, will celebrate its 75th anniversary Sunday with a 9:45 a.m. worship service by Rev. Sheldon Culver, minister with the Illinois South Conference. The meditation garden in memory of Kathrine Klaus will be dedicated at the closing of the service.
Workshops offered for Just Faith
Diocese of Belleville and Catholic Charities-St. Louis will host an introductory workshop for the nationally known Just Faith programs at St. Francis Xavier (College Church), 3628 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, from 8:45 a.m.-1 p.m. June 20.
Jack Jezreel, popular national speaker and justice educator, will facilitate the workshop. Just Faith Ministries aspires to enable people of faith to develop a passion for justice, to express this passion in concrete acts of social ministry, and to expand the work of social ministry in their faith communities.
Both Catholic and Ecumenical versions of the program are available. For information call the Diocese at 618-235-9601 ext. 105.
Youth choirs will perform 'ReSONate'
First Baptist Church Fairview Heights, 10401 Lincoln Trail, will host a "ReSONate" youth choir presentation at 6 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Miracle League sponsors tourney
Cornerstone Christian Church, 775 North Green Mount Road, Shiloh, in conjunction with Miracle League, will host a basketball and kickball tournament at 6 p.m. Monday.
Miracle League provides children who have special needs the opportunity to participate in sports activities. All children with special needs are welcome, no matter what their athletic abilities might be. For information call 239-9710.
Yard sale benefits missions, projects
A yard sale will be at 9 a.m. today in the fellowship hall at the Fairview Heights Church of God, 5500 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights.
Money raised benefits missions and local projects.
For information, call 632-1438.
Clothing, household items given away
Lighthouse Harvest Mission in State Park will host a free clothing and household items giveaway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 20 and again July 18 and August 15 at the State Park Community Center, 322 Harvard Street.
Donations are accepted. Calling Cathy at 304-6881 or Shelly at 977-5867 to make arrangements for drop offs or pick ups.
St. George picnic is set for Sunday
St. George's Episcopal Church parish picnic is Sunday at Toddhall Retreat and Conference Center in Columbia.
An outdoor Eucharist will be celebrated at 11 a.m. followed by a potluck lunch.
Healing service offered at Shrine
A healing service will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Church of Our Lady of the Snows, 442 S. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville.
For information, call 394-6454.