SUPPORT GROUPS: Support groups will meet:
* Open Arms, a support group for friends and family of gay loved ones, meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Copper Creek Christian Church, 2184 Vadalabene Drive, Maryville.
* Next Chapter Divorced and Separated Support Group will meet from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Diocesan Pastoral Center, 2620 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. The topic will be a discussion of issues that surface after a divorce or separation. For information, call 235-9601, ext. 146.
*L.I.F.T. program, sponsored by dignity Memorial funeral and cemetery service providers, will meet at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Fischer's Restaurant, 2100 W. Main St., Belleville. Entertainment is by Bob Tyler. The cost is $12 for lunch. The group is open to all widowed persons.
DATABASE CLASS: The O'Fallon Public Library will host a Library Databases class from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the training room at the library, 120 Civic Drive, O'Fallon.
The class is for those who need information on how to use the various databases the library offers.
The instructor is Jamie Doi, reference/technology librarian.
There is no charge for the class. For information, sign up at the information desk or call the library at 632-3783.
BLOOD DRIVE: A Central Illinois Community Blood Center blood drive will be from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday at Olin Community Credit Union, 5301 Godfrey Road, Godfrey.
A live remote with WAOX 105.3 FM's Tobin Ott will be from 1 to 3 p.m.
All presenting donors receive one free cone card from Shivers Frozen Custard.
Also, a blood drive will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Applebee's, 1921 Vaughn Road, Wood River. The drive will be on the bloodmobile in the parking lot.
DINNER/AUCTION: The annual Faith in Action Christmas in July dinner/auction will be at 5:30 p.m. July 18 in the Meridian Ballroom at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
Tickets are $35 per person or $30 per person for a table of eight.
A silent auction and cash bar is open from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., followed by a sit-down dinner from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and an oral auction at 7:30 p.m.
Proceeds will benefit Faith in Action Edwardsville/Glen Carbon.
Tickets can be obtained by calling 692-0480 or e-mail email@example.com by July 6.
EXTENSION EVENTS: The University of Illinois Extension Madison-St. Clair, will offer the following:
* Military families with children ages 8 to 12 can attend the "Technology and Teambuilding Camp," Aug. 10-14 at Camp Wartburg in Waterloo. The camp is provided free through Operation Military Kids. For information, call (217) 265-8209 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Applications are being accepted for the Illinois Master Naturalist Program. This program provides science-based educational opportunities that connect people with nature and help them become engaged environmental stewards. The final date for accepting applications is July 24. Applications are available from the Madison-St. Clair Extension Unit offices.
* The Four Seasons gardening program, from the University of Illinois Extension, continues with the session "Don't Blame the Plant." The program is offered at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the St. Clair County office or at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Madison County office. The cost is $5 and registration is requested by Monday.
The Madison County office is at 900 Hillsboro, Edwardsville, and the St. Clair County office is at 621 S. Belt West, Belleville. Phone numbers are 236-4172 or 650-7050.
CPR TRAINING: The American Red Cross St. Louis Area Chapter will offer CPR/AED Training-Adult and Child plus CPR Training-Infant from 6 to 9 p.m. July 6 and from 6 to 9:30 p.m. July 7, or from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 25 at the Metro East Service Center, 10218 Lincoln Trail Drive, Fairview Heights.
The cost is $53 and participants must prepay in order to take the class. No walk-ins are accepted.
For information or to register call 397-4600 or visit www.redcrossstl.org.
MISSIONARY NURSES: Rosewood Care Centers, an Illinois-based provider of physician-guided senior care and rehabilitation, has launched "Nurses for Africa," a mission outreach program that will send 16 Rosewood nurses to the Republic of Zambia in southern Africa in July.
"Nurses for Africa" will provide medical care, supplies and HIV/AIDS education to patients, local volunteers and the surrounding people. They will also provide health screenings and medications for children, deliver palliative care and analgesics to patients.
FOOD DRIVE: The Lebanon Merchants Association is sponsoring a food drive for the Lebanon Food Pantry. Today is the last day of collection.
Items can be dropped off at Legendary Creations, Cross-Eyed Elephant Antiques, Lebanon Visitors Center, Aunt Bea's Antiques, First Federal Bank, Lebanon Tru-Value/Prescriptions Plus, Dollar General, Lebanon Care Center, Farmers & Merchants Bank, Locust Hills Golf Course, Lebanon Township Office, Antiques Etc. and Methodist Church.
For information, call Janet at Legendary Creations at 537-6625.