SUPPORT GROUPS: Support groups will meet:
* Next Chapter Divorced and Separated Support Group will meet from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Diocesan Pastoral Center, 2620 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. The topic is "Openness." Call 235-9601, ext. 146.
* The next meeting for the Karla Smith Foundation support group for the family and friends of a loved one who died by suicide will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Peace Chapel, 10101 W. Main St., Belleville. Sessions are sponsored by the Karla Smith Foundation. Call 628-3129 or visit www.KarlaSmithFoundation.org.
BLOOD DRIVES: Central Illinois Community Blood Center blood drives will be:
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* 3-7 p.m. Monday, Copper Creek Christian Church main floor, 2184 Vadalabene Drive, Maryville.
* 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, Memorial Hospital auditorium, 4500 Memorial Drive, Belleville.
* 3-7 p.m. Wednesday, Edwardsville Knights of Columbus Hall, 7132 Marine Road, Edwardsville.
* 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, First Christian Church gym, 724 Bethalto Blvd., Bethalto.
DIABETES PRESENTATION: St. Elizabeth's Hospital will host a free presentation to learn about diabetes at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Millennium Room at the hospital, 211 S. Third St., Belleville.
The "Living Healthy with Diabetes" program will be presented by Dr. Ahmed Radwan, family physician, and Stacey Hecht, registered dietitian. It will focus on the disease process and management of adult onset diabetes. They will provide information about exercise, diet and medications.
CANCER PRESENTATION: "Look Good-Feel Better," a program designed for female cancer patients, will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Board Room at St. Joseph's Hospital in Breese.
Cosmetology professionals with specialized American Cancer Society training teach skin, hair and nail care and make-up application. Participants receive make-up kits.
The choice and care of head covering and wigs is also discussed and free hair coverings and wigs are available.
For information or to register, call 526-5672.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY: The East St. Louis Habitat for Humanity will host orientation classes and will accept applications after each session.
Applicants must have a yearly income of $30,000-$35,000.
The first session is from 10 to 11 a.m. and the second session is from 1 to 2 p.m. Both are July 11 at 430 Wimmer Place, East St. Louis.
For information, call 271-1215.
FIRST-AID TRAINING: The American Red Cross St. Louis Area Chapter will offer the following:
* First Aid Component Training class, 6-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Metro East Service Center, 10218 Lincoln Trail Drive, Fairview Heights. The class is designed for persons with current CPR certification. Bring the card to class. The cost is $32.
* Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Training (Adult), 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday or from 6 to 10:30 p.m. July 21 and 6-8:30 p.m. July 22, Metro East Service Center, 10218 Lincoln Trail Drive, Fairview Heights. Course is $54.
To register, call 397-4600 or visit www.redcrossstl.org and register online in the "Take a Class" section.
H.O.P.E. GATHERING: H.O.P.E. (Helping Others Provide Encouragement) is a social gathering for people who have lost a spouse. The group will meet at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Sunset Hills Country Club in Edwardsville.
The luncheon is $13. For reservations, call 288-9500.
RELAY FOR LIFE: Relay for Life of Belleville is inviting area cancer survivors for an evening at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Belleville West High School, 4063 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville.
There is no cost to attend, but reservations are requested for the survivor dinner.
For information, call Connie at 257-2200 or e-mail VisitingAngels.Connie@yahoo.com to request a reservation form.
GARDENERS OPEN HOUSE: University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners will host an open house from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Open Gate Tour Garden, Drost Park, Schiber Court, Maryville.
They will discuss vegetable gardening, plants of the year, perennials, daylilies, butterfly gardening, maintenance techniques and answer questions.
There is no charge to attend.
4-H WINNERS: The St. Clair County 4-H Foods contest, which was June 17 at the St. Clair County Extension office, announced the winners of the contest.
* Best of Show: Elizabeth Harla (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H club), Food Demonstration; Rachel Spearing (Shooting stars 4-H Club), 4-H Cooking 101.
* State Fair selectees (ages 10 and older): Marie Harla (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), Food Demonstration; Audrey Kinzinger (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), Food Demonstration; Renee Kinzinger (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), Food Demonstration; Kyrie Lampman (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), 4-H Cooking 101, Outdoor Meals; Melissa Lanter (New Ideal 4-H Club), 4-H Cooking 201; Haley Rouse (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), 4-H Cooking 201; Kathryn Secker-Sanders (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), Breads & Cereals; Nathan Secker (Turkey Hill Busy Bee's 4-H Club), Outdoor Meals; Winter Surbeck (New Ideal 4-H Club), Breads & Cereals, Exploring our Food Heritage.
THEATRE ANNIVERSARY: The Skyview Drive-In Theatre is celebrating its 60th anniversary. It opened July 8, 1949.
The celebration will be July 6-12. There will be free hayrides, miniature train rides and face painting for the children during the week.
Theatre admission is 60 cents for the first 60 cars July 6-7.
July 8 will be Fox 2 Night at the Skyview. Fox 2 celebrities will be at the Skyview to greet the audience and those customers that bring a can of food will get $2 off their admission.
Live music will be available on the patio July 8-9
Box office opens at 7 p.m. each night and the movies will start at approximately 9 p.m. Movies include "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," "Star Trek," "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs," and "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian."
SCHOOL REGISTRATION: Registration for all Shiloh Village School District 85 students entering pre-kindergarten through eighth grade will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday and July 14 in the Commons Area at Shiloh Middle School.
Parents are asked to fill out forms and pay any applicable registration fees.
Information will be dispersed at registration.
For information, visit www.shiloh.stclair.k12.il.us.