* First United Presbyterian Church, 1303 Royal Heights Road, Belleville, 8:45 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday. Theme is "Discovery Canyon." For children entering Kindergarten through those who have completed fifth grade. 233-0295 or www.firstunitedpres.org.
* Friedens United Church of Christ, 207 E. Center St., Troy, 6-8:35 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Pentecostals of Troy, 312 S. Main St., Troy, July 19-22 for ages five to 11. Registration at the door at 5 p.m. July 19. There is no charge to attend. Visit www.pentecostalsoftroy.org or call call 667-6054 for information.
* St. Paul United Church of Christ, 123 E. Dee St., Lebanon, 9 a.m.-noon July 20-24. Theme is "God's Big Backyard." Open to children of all faiths. 537-4991.
* Swansea Church, 292 Frank Scott Parkway East, Swansea, 6-9 p.m. Monday-Friday. For ages 4 to adults. 235-4000.
Club 24 potluck today in Collinsville
The Club 24 family potluck will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today in Woodland Park in Collinsville.
There will be games, music, gifts. The event is hosted by New Life Evangelistic Center.
Interfaith group will study book
The Metro-East Interfaith Partnership will host a four-week book study of "The Ultimate Gift" by Jim Stovall.
The Tuesday afternoon group will meet from 2:30 to 4 p.m. beginning July 21 at Crossroads Christian Church in Caseyville. The Thursday evening group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. beginning July 23 at Forbes Insurance at Foley Drive and Route 157 in Belleville.
For information or to register, call Doug Cripe at 39-1587 to register for the day group or Lana Gilbert at 208-1669 for the evening group.
Shrine will host several events
The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville will host the following:
* "A Spirituality of Strength in Weakness: On the Road to Recovery, Healing & Hope," with Father Joe Nassal, CPPS, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 1 in the Guild Center. Registration opens at 9:30 a.m. The fee is $30 and includes lunch. Registration is requested by July 24. For information, visit www.snows.org/healing or call 397-6700, ext. 6272.
* Paula D'Arcy, author of "Sacred threshold: Crossing the Inner Barrier to a Deeper Love," will present a retreat at the Shrine in the Visitor's Center. She will talk on "Great Lessons of the Journey" from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 14 and "The Blessing Inside Sorrow" at 9 a.m. Aug. 15 to lunch on Aug. 16. Registration is requested by July 31. The cost ranges from $20 to $279 depending upon time and how many people. For information, visit www.snows.org or call 397-6700, ext. 6272.
* A Charismatic Mass and Healing service will be held at 7 p.m. today at Christ the King Chapel, National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, 442 S. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville. For information, call 394-6454.
* A Healing Service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Church of Our Lady of the Snows, 442 S. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville. For information, call 394-6454.
Red Lehr will perform to help missions
Red Lehr and Friends will perform at 5 p.m. Sunday at the Marissa Presybterian Church, 201 N. Hamilton, Marissa.
Donations will be taken to help support the Mission team projects. For information, call 295-2292.