RSVP ORCHESTRA: The RSVP Orchestra will be in concert from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Jarvis Center, 410 Wickliffe St., Troy.
The next performance is Oct. 7 in Shiloh.
DEPRESSION WORKSHOP: A depression workshop for seniors will be form 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Southwestern Illinois College's Programs and Services for Older Persons, 201 N. Church St., Belleville.
A lunch follows. For reservations, call 234-4410, ext. 7081 or ext. 7044.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Also, a senior police academy will be from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays in October at PSOP, 201 N. Church St., Belleville.
A lunch follows each session. For reservations, call 234-4410, ext. 7081 or 7044.
TRIP OFFERED: Travel with Christine is escorting a trip Saturday for an evening of Lily Tomlin at the Touhill Performing Arts Center.
The cost is $74 per person. Pick ups are available in Shiloh, Belleville and Collinsville.
For information or to make a reservation, call 212-3063.
SENIOR SEMINAR: A free senior seminar will be at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at St. John Evangelical United Church of Christ in Faith Hall, 307 W. Clay, Collinsville.
The topic is "The Aging Process" and highlights the importance of exercise and nutrition for healthy aging.
The guest speaker is Phillip Schorfheide, a geriatric nurse practitioner student at St. Louis University. Refreshments are available beginning at 9 a.m.
ESTATE PLANNING: A free senior estate planning panel discussion will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Garden Place Senior Living, 351 Lockwood Drive, Red Bud.
Participants will learn how to finance assisted living, to prepare for senior estate planning and to down size an estate to meet certain income requirements.
A lawyer, Realtor, financial adviser and auctioneer, along with the co-owner of Garden Place Senior Living communities, will participate in the panel discussion.
Area senior centers will sponsor the following activities this week:
* Belleville Senior Center, 150 E. D St., Belleville. Tuesday, Thursday: 10 a.m. cards, board games, crafts.
* Caseyville Township Senior Center, 10001 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights. Today: 10 a.m. table games, 1 p.m. line dancing; Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. card club, 9:30 a.m. square dancing, 12:30 p.m. bridge and canasta; Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. LIHEAP; Thursday: 8:30 a.m. card club, 12:30 p.m. bridge and canasta.
* Collinsville Senior Center, 420 E. Main St., Collinsville. Monday: pinochle; Tuesday: TOPS; Wednesday: line dancing; Thursday: bridge.
* Mascoutah Senior Center, 227 N. Market, Mascoutah. Today-Wednesday, Friday: 10 a.m. table games; today: 1 p.m. pinochle, 7 p.m. euchre; Tuesday: 10 a.m. movie time; Wednesday: 8:45 a.m. linedancing, 12:30 p.m. euchre; Thursday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Secretary of State.
* Millstadt Township Senior Services, 102 S. Jefferson, Millstadt. Today: 11 a.m. exercise class, 12:30 p.m. table games; Tuesday: 9 a.m. pinochle tournament, 10 a.m. euchre card games; Wednesday: 9 a.m. card club meets; Thursday: 12:30 p.m. downtown shopping; Friday: 11 a.m. exercise class, 12:30 p.m. table games.
* Programs and Services for Older Persons, 201 N. Church St., Belleville. Tuesday: 8:30-11:30 a.m. contract bridge, noon table games; Wednesday: 1 p.m. line dance lessons for $1.50, 1-2 p.m. Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets; Friday: 12:30-4 p.m. canasta.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot take items by telephone.
Deadline is noon Thursday for the following Monday. Send items to: Senior Briefs, News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, Ill. 62222-0427.