Bad wiring may have caused a fire at an occupied home in the 5400 block of Rosemont in Washington Park, a fire department official said.
The home had one room burned, said Washington Park Fire Chief Sharon Davis. A woman and small child live at the home but were not at home at the time of the fire on Wednesday evening.
Washington Park firefighters successfully rescued a puppy, Jasper, from the fire. There were no injuries.
Davis said the Red Cross is assisting the family.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.