1. Where would you go to visit the Mosquito Coast?
2. Where would you go to visit the Amalfi Coast?
3. Where is Ivory Coast?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
1. Central America. Much of the eastern coast of present-day Nicaragua and a small portion of Honduras make up the area that was claimed by a variety of countries over the years, including Britain and Spain.
2. The Amalfi Coast is a stretch of coastline on the southern coast of the Sorrentine Peninsula in the Province of Salerno in Southern Italy.
3. Ivory Coast is a country in West Africa, boardered by Liberia on the west and Ghana on the east.
For the birds
Learn about our feathered friends by hanging our carton feeder in a window.
1. Cover a clean half-gallon carton with strips of duct tape.
2. Have an adult to use a craft knife to, cut large openings in two opposite sides.
3. Make two X-shaped cuts in the top side for the hanger. Thread a 24-inch length of sturdy cord through the holes and knot both ends inside.
4. Make a loop and knot it for hanging. Suspend the feeder from a suction hook outside a window.
Spread out food in the feeder; it will likely be a few days before you see birds. If there are no takers, try a different seed mixture.
To further your interest in ornithology (the study of birds), place a birding guide nearby. Keep a journal with a running tally of feeder visitors, sketches, and observations.