CINNAMON SUGAR WAFFLE PRETZELS
1 can (16.3 ounces) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Refrigerated Biscuits Southern Style (8 biscuits)
6-7 cups water
3 tablespoons baking soda
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat.
Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
Open biscuit dough and roll individual biscuits into 3-inch rounds (about 1/2-inch thick).
2. Bring water to a boil in a deep-sided sauté pan. Once boiling, carefully add baking soda and salt to the water. (Baking soda will cause water to roil, so do it slowly so it doesn’t bubble over top of pan.) Gently lower biscuits into boiling water, cooking for about 60 seconds per side and flipping with a large, wide spatula.
3. Gently remove from water and transfer to a waffle iron generously coated with non-stick spray. Cook until deep golden brown.
4. Remove waffle and allow to cool slightly before dipping into melted butter, making sure to cover the whole surface.
5. Dip buttered waffles into the dish of cinnamon and sugar, coating both sides. Makes 8 servings.
Tip: To make salted pretzels, simply sprinkle boiled dough with coarse salt just before cooking in the waffle iron.