CARDS AND GAMES
▪ Cribbage game — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Collinsville Knights of Columbus, No. 1 Columbus Plaza, Collinsville. Seven games against seven different opponents. Information: Yvonne at 618-344-1521 or Phil at 618-288-7910.
▪ Euchre tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Senior Center, 102 S. Jefferson, Millstadt.
▪ Country Music Halloween Dance — 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, Swansea Improvement Association, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cactus Moon Band. Free. Prize for best costume. `
▪ M.U.S.I.C. Social Dance Club Halloween Dance — Dance lessons, 7:30-8 p.m., swing, plus a bonus dance. Open dancing until 10:30 p.m. Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. Wood floor, attendance prizes, Halloween costume prizes for first , second and third place. First-time guests, free; Member, $5; nonmenbers, $9. Singles welcome. No partner or experience needed.
▪ 3-Mile Thursday Walk — Meet at Schnuck’s Pharmacy, 625 Lincoln Highway at 6:15 p.m. to register. $3 fee. Drive to Mall to walk at 6:30 p.m. Information: Trudy at email@example.com or www.illinois-trekkers.org
▪ Buck-A-Bag Sale — 8 a.m.-noon Friday. Freeburg Food and Clothing Bank, 8 N. Belleville St., Freeburg, across from St. Paul’s U.C.C. Sponsored by Freeburg Food and Clothing Bank. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and shoes, $1 per bag. Toys, books, stuffed animals and household items. Contact: 618-539-5070.
▪ Chicken & Beer Dance — 7 p.m. Saturday, The Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Road, Belleville. $20 per person, includes fried chicken and five beer tickets. Entertainment: Motown Madness Band. Information: 618-407-4926.
▪ Chili-Soup Cookoff & Cupcake Wars — 3-10 p.m. Saturday, New Baden Village Park. Free admission. Big Six Wheel, craft fair, hayrides, music. Drinks and food available for purchase. Soup, chili and cupcakes served 3-7 p.m.; all-you-can-eat armbands on sale at 3 p.m. Bonfire, 7 p.m. Awards, 8 p.m. Unlimited children’s activities armbands, $5. Presented by New Baden Chamber of Commerce. www.newbadenchamber.com
▪ 5K/10K Group Walk in Maryville — Meet at CMT YMCA, 1 Town Center Drive at 9:45 a.m. to register. $3. Walk starts at 10. Walk on bike trail to Drost Park. Information: Vickie at ridgeway410msn.com or www.illinois-trekkers.org
▪ Decorated Pumpkin Contest — drop off 9 a.m.-5 p.m. through Oct. 28 at Sycamore Village, 225 Castellano Dr, Swansea; 7-9 p.m. Saturday, trick- or treat and pumpkin awards.
▪ Sport Clips Haircuts of Edwardsville Charity Haircuts — Officer Blake Snyder’s end of watch was Oct. 6. He leaves behind his wife and their 2-year-old son. Sport Clips Haircuts of Edwardsville will donate $5 from every full price MVP done on Saturday Oct. 29 to his family. Donation box for cash donations as well. Donations go directly to the Snyder family. Information: Tyffani at 618-795-1022.
▪ Live music — Friday and Saturday from 8:30 p.m-12:30 a.m. Sit “N” Bull Saloon & Eatery, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Kyle Yardley Blues band on Friday; Stan Denton & The Wanted on Saturday.
Belleville West End Ogre & Princess 5K & Vendor Fair — 8:30-11 a.m. Saturday. Cost: 5K for adults is $25; for 17 and younger, $15; vendor fair is free. St. Matthew UMC, 1200 Moreland, Belleville. Information: Lisa Zamfir at 618-972-1906.
▪ Pro Wrestling — 4 p.m. Sunday, Swansea Improvement Hall. Bell time is 5. Tickets are $10. See Leone Mephisto vs. Milly McNeail, Lamarcus Clinton, Johnny Blade, Damarious Jones and the WOE championship tournament. Tickets: 618-806-4656.
▪ O’Fallon Garden Club bonsai program — 6 p.m. Tuesday (social hour); meet at 6:30 p.m., Rock Springs Park, 1428 E. 3rd St., O’Fallon. Alex Livingston of Effinger’s will show how to create bonsai and succulent gardens. Free and open to public. Refreshments. Membership: $20 for individuals and $30 for a family. Information: www.ofallongardenclub.com or Facebook.
▪ 5K/10K Walk at Belleville East YMCA — 8:45 a.m. Tuesday, meet at YMCA, 2627 Carlyle Ave., to register. $3 fee. Walk at 9 around SWIC campus, through Tom Amlung Nature Trail and on the bike trail. Information: Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club, firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-670-6920.
▪ Keyboard Praise concert — 7 p.m. Sunday at St Matthew United Methodist Church, Belleville. Features talented pianists playing on 10 grand pianos accompanied by the St. Matthew organ. Hymn arrangements and light classical music, all levels of performers. Admission is free, but please make a contribution. Doors open at 6. Reservations accepted for church groups of 10 or more by calling the church at 618-397-5994.
▪ St. Luke Noon Luncheon & Card Party — noon Tuesday, St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 226 N. Church St., Belleville. Cost: $7. Cards, bingo or any game you choose with prizes. Menu: chicken pasta casserole, coleslaw, roll, cake, coffee, hot tea, iced tea and water. Sponsor: St. Luke Perpetual Help Sodality.
▪ Fair Trade Crafts Display, Talk and Sale— 7 p.m. Tuesday, Community Room, Eden Village, 200 S. Station Road, Glen Carbon. Look for blue sign out front. Speaker for Fair Trade, Rich Howard-Wilms, from Plowsharing Crafts will talk about Fair Trade artisans and show the crafts they make which will be available for purchase. Sponsored by International Women’s Organizatin (IWO). Refreshments will be served. All are welcome.
▪ Belleville Art & Wine Walk — 5-9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5. Stroll downtown Belleville Main Street while sampling wines or craft beers, view artists’ work and listen to local musicians. $20 in advance; $25 day of event. Pick up wine glass and map at Abe’s Gourmet Popcorn, 101 E. Main St. More than 20 artists participating. Online tickets available at www.bellevillemainstreet.net through Nov. 3.
▪ Women Wine Wow women’s conference — 7:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4. Villa Marie Winery, Maryville. Sponsored by Troy Maryville Chamber of Commerce. Cost: $50. Breakfast, lunch snack buffet; music by DJ Big Papa G. Fashion show, vendors, photo booth, vendor demonstrations, speakers on. Reservations: www.troymaryvillecoc.com or call 618-667-8769. Deadline to register: Oct. 29.
▪ Chili-Soup Cook-Off and Cupcake Wars — 3-10 p.m. Saturday, New Baden Village Park. All-you-can-eat armbands on sale at 2. Chili-soup armbands, $10; $7, seniors; and $5, children 5-12. Cupcake armbands are $5. Food and drink sales start at noon. Craft and vendor fair, children’s activities, car-truck show, kickball tournament, knocker ball and bonfire. Sponsor: New Baden Chamber of Commerce.
▪ Shiloh Eagles No. 545 Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, walleye, shrimp and chicken strip plates. Fish by the pound, plate or sandwich. Also chicken wings. Plates come with two sides or order sandwich with one side. Eat in or carry out. Call ahead at 618-624-5412. Extras: auxiliary bake sale for their charities.
▪ Swansea Fish Stand — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and more. Saturday: fried chicken. Information: 618-222-7171.
▪ Ham and Bean Dinner — 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sunday, Emeth Lodge 1030, 815 Water St. Cahokia. All you can eat. Adults, $7.50; children under 12, $3. Drinks, cole slaw and dessert included. Eat in or carry out. Tickets available at the door. Information: 618-530-8025.
▪ Aviston Legion Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. every Friday. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, fries, baked potato, slaw, applesauce. American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Eat in or carry out. Information: 618-228-7311 or www.avistonlegion.com
▪ Scottish Rite Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m., 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. By the pound, plate or sandwich
▪ Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. 618-345-2508.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
▪ Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
▪ Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
▪ Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
▪ Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post 22.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
▪ O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
▪ Okawville Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. American Legion Post No. 233. Eat in or carry uot. Information: 618-243-6545,
▪ Scott VFW Post 4183 Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. outside Scott Air Force Base, Belleville Gate. Information, call 618-746-9801.
▪ Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carryout, 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
▪ St. Mary Parish Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Mary School basement, 1706 W. Main St., Belleville. Dine in or carry out. Cod or walleye sandwich, plate or by the pound, homemade potato salad, fries, onion rings, spaghetti, coleslaw and desserts.
▪ Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
▪ Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
▪ Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp, 618-667-8387.
▪ Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday. Knights of Columbus, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Walton’s Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus, Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Eagles Shiloh No. 545 Meat Shoot —noon Sunday. They shoot from inside so you are able to see your shot on TV. Free bean soup. 100 Eagle Drive Shiloh.
Elks Meat Shoot — noon Sunday, Fairview Heights Elks Lodge 664, Route 161 and Old Lincoln Trail. Hams, pork loins, ribs, bacon and hamburger, along with money rounds, 50/50s, attendance prizes, cake raffles, a full bar and free food. Everyone is welcome. Inside seating is available.
▪ Murder Medium Rare Mystery Dinner Theatre — Doors open at 6 Saturday, Nov. 5; fried chicken dinner buffet at 6:30. $25 per person. Althoff Catholic High School Heritage Hall, 5401 W. Min St., Belleville. Altlhoff performance arts students will be hosts and wait staff; cast includes Mike Wells, Sean Ditch, Kyle Nordmann and Cole Nordmann; with friends Chrissie Kinsella-Cissell, Kevin Bowman and Erin Falde; special guest, actress Cammie Middleton.Reservations: Elaine Laws 618-660-5618 or Elaws@althoffcatholic.org
▪ The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940 — Nov. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 and 13 at Looking Glass Playhouse, 301 W. St. Louis St., Lebanon. Shows are at 7:30 p.. except for Sunday matinees at 2. Merry farce features a house replete with sliding panels and secret passageways that contribute to comic mayhem when the infamous Stage Door Slasher makes an appearance. Ticket information: www.lookingglassplayhouse.com
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2641.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.