Midwest Wingfest, a food and music festival organized to raise money for disabled veterans and first responders, will be from 5 p.m.-midnight Friday, Aug. 31, and noon-midnight Saturday, Sept. 1, on the east parking lot of the St. Clair Square mall in Fairview Heights. This event features a wing eating contest, live music, a 5K “Chicken” run, cornhole tournament, and car cruise.
Wingfest admission is free, but there is a $10 wristband fee for attendees who want to drink alcoholic beverages (must be 21 or older). The wristband comes with one commemorative cup or two regular size beers.
Friday, Aug. 31
▪ 5 to 7 p.m. Beaucoup Bottom Band performs.
▪ 7 to 9 p.m. Jake Shafer performs.
▪ 9:30 to 10 p.m. Mason Ramsey performs.
▪ 10:30 to 11:45 p.m. Drew Baldridge performs.
Saturday, Sept. 1
▪ 7 to 8 a.m. 2018 Midwest Wingfest “Chicken Run” 5k Race — The course will be a double loop of the mall. Come dressed in your best chicken attire or costume to participate in the 5K. Best dressed awards will be given. Packet pick-up is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Aug. 31, at Toolen’s Running Start, Shiloh, or on race day at 6 a.m. Registration can be done online.
▪ 11 a.m. Cornhole Tournament sign up. The cost is $40 per team.
▪ Noon to 4 p.m. Cornhole Tournament.
▪ Noon to 4 p.m. Car Cruise — The cruise will take place on the south side of the festival. Dash plaques will be given to the first 150 cars to arrive.
▪ 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Electric Gravy & the Chicken Bandits perform.
▪ 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wing Eating Contest — There will be two wing eating contests, one for adults and another for teens. For this event, teens are ages 12 to 17. Limit of 12 participants per contest. Sign up can be completed at the Souvenir Booth. In the contest, men will eat 25 wings, women consume 20 wings, and teens eat 18 wings. Prizes: Men and Women — 1st place: $100 and trophy; 2nd place: $50; and 3rd place: $25. Teens — 1st place: $75 and trophy; 2nd place: $25; and 3rd place: $10. Registration forms for the wing eating contest are online. The fee is $15 for adults and $10 for teens.
▪ 5:30 to 6 p.m. Best Wings Awards — Vendors will compete for “Best Gourmet Wing,” “Best Hot Wing” and “Best Overall Wing” for the festival.
▪ 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Steel Creek performs.
▪ 9:00 to 11:45 p.m. Dazed and Confused STL performs.
For more information, see the event’s website: midwestwingfest.com.