Hands to Help is a group of massage therapists with a mission to save the world one massage at a time.
Proceeds from their Jan. 31 trivia night will help the group and its volunteers give massages to disabled, elderly and terminal patients. According to their brochure, massage therapy provides relaxation, decreases feelings of isolation and depression, reduces pain and anxiety and provides comfort.
The group is funded solely by donations. For information or to help the group, call 618 235-8853 or check out their webpage at www.handstohelpnfp.org.
Dan Dillon hosted their trivia night with categories such as: Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?, Hail to the Chief (U.S. presidents), Cards vs. Cubs and Don’t Forget the Lyrics! (a music round) and Off The Map (Fictional and Mythical Places).
See how you do with a selection of their questions.
1. The Incan empire was located on what continent?
2. The very dense region consisting of protons and neutrons at the center of an atom is called what?
3. Camp David is named for which former president’s grandson?
4. Who is the only U.S. president to hold a Ph.D?
5. True or False: Tony LaRussa once played for the Cubs.
6. According to Google Maps, what is the distance between Busch Stadium and Wrigley Field?
7. Where is the strongest muscle in the human body located?
8. The average human body has approximately how many hair follicles?
9. What are the next 7 words of these lyrics? “There’s a fire starting in my heart, Reaching a fever pitch, it’s bringing me out the dark. ...”
10. What are the next 12 words of these lyrics? “Hey, good lookin’ — what ya got cookin’’? How’s about cooking somethin’ up with me? Hey, sweet baby ...”
11. Asher Benrubi is the birth name of which St. Louis radio personality?
12. Who directed the 1983 American drama film “The Outsiders?”
13. What is the name of the 1983 comedy starring Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy as prep school roommates?
14. In the book, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” what city does Atticus Finch live in?
15. What is the name of the Chicago suburb that serves as the setting for several John Hughes’ films, including “16 Candles” and “Breakfast Club”?
16. What is the last name of Jonathan and Drew on HGTV’s “Property Brothers”?
17. Who was the winner of the last season of “American Idol”?
18. What is the main spice used to make Hungarian goulash?
19. What makes up a McDonald’s Big Mac?
1. South America
3. Dwight D. Eisenhower
4. Woodrow Wilson (from Johns Hopkins University)
6. 319 miles
7. The Jaw (Masseter muscle)
8. 5 million
9. “Finally, I can see you crystal clear” (from “Rollin’ in the Deep,” by Adele)
10. “Don’t you think maybe, We could find us a brand new recipe?” (written by Hank Williams)
12. Francis Ford Coppola
14. Maycomb, Ala.
15. Shermer, Ill.
17. Caleb Johnson
19. Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun