The Little Devils exercised their brains not their brawn at their February “couch potato” trivia night.
The youth sports organization, founded in 1958, provides children ages 5 to 14 a chance to learn how to play football as well as chearleading and wrestling.
"We are a nonprofit organization, so every penny we raise goes toward equipment, uniforms, grounds keeping and other expenses involved in running a program of this size," said Justin Royer, assistant coach and board member.
He was a Little Devil when he was 12 and 13. Now, he’s the proud father of two Devils football players and wrestlers, Tyler and Riley, students at Union Elementary in Belleville.
“We have anywhere from 150 to 250 football players every year with almost 100 cheerleaders,” said Justin. “Both boys and girls are welcome to wrestle.”
To make a donation to the club, go to the Little Devils website at www.bellevillelittledevils.com.
Early registration for the upcoming football/cheerleading season will be May 2 at the all-purpose building in Citizens Park. Early registration fees are $110 for football and $75 for cheerleaders. We are also hosting a golf tournament fundraiser on June 6. All details can be found at bellevillelittledevils.com.
Couch Potato Trivia featured questions are in four categories. The first five are movies. The the second five are TV. The third five are sports. The final five are movie quotes where we ask for the movie you would find the quote in.
1. Heath Ledger played which nemesis of Batman in the 2008 film “The Dark Knight”?
2. What kind of business does John Cusack’s character own in the 2000 cult classis “High Fidelity”?
3. What was Uma Thurman’s character named in Quentin Tarentino’s “Kill Bill” Vol. I &II?
4. What famous big screen princess has been around for 37 years but will be considered a “Disney Princess” for the first time this year?
5: Who was the last actor to win the Academy Award for best actor two years in a row?
6. On TV’s “Seinfeld,” what is the so-called “Soup Nazi” famous for screaming at his customers who incorrectly order soup?
7. The Sunshine Cab Co. from the ’70s-’80s sitcom “Taxi” was based out of what city?
8. What is Tina Fey’s character named on “30 Rock”?
9. Where does Penny from “The Big Bang Theory” work?
10. What character on “ The Simpsons” is the only one with dialogue in every episode?
11. What two NFL teams historically play on Thanksgiving every year?
12. What number was on the car that Nascar legend Dale Earnhardt drove?
13. How many players are on a standard rugby team?
14. The Arizona Cardinals once called St. Louis home, where did they play before that?
15. The New York Yankees have the most World Series titles with 27. Who has the second most?
In which movie would you hear the following quotes?
16. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
17. “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
18. “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.”
19. “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
20: “ I feel the need — the need for speed.”
1. The Joker
2. A record store
3. “The Bride”
4. Princess Leia
5. Tom Hanks
6. “No soup for you!”
7. New York
8. Liz Lemon
9. The Cheesecake Factory
10. Homer Simpson
11. Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys
15. St. Louis Cardinals (11)
16. “Gone with the Wind”
17. “The Godfather”
18. “Cool Hand Luke”
20. “Top Gun”