What’s Happening for March 1
Noon Thursday, Feb. 22, was the deadline to appear in today’s calendar. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events are run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: Lifestyle, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Heidi Wiechert at 618-239-2500.
- Screening Clinic for children with bone, muscle or joint problems — 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Anderson Hospital, 6800 Illinois Route 162, Maryville. Walk ins welcome. Sponsored by the Troy and Edwardsville Shrine Club of the Ainad Shriners. Information: 618-791-8986.
- Fire Station One: Blood Drive — 2 to 7 p.m. Monday. 315 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. Appointment: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org, sponsor code: EngineHouse1.
- Memorial Hospital Belleville: Blood Drive — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday. 4500 Memorial Drive, Belleville. Appointment: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org, sponsor code: MemorialBelleville.
- Caseyville Moose: Blood Drive — 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. 8550 Bunkum Road, Caseyville. Appointment: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org, sponsor code: CaseyvilleMoose.
- Children’s Dyslexia Center of Southern Illinois: Book Sale — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday. Scottish Rite Building, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. Most books $2 or less. Paperbacks $1. Proceeds benefit Children’s Dyslexia Center.
- Square Dance — 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday. Caseyville Township Building, 10001 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights. Sponsor: Dandy Dancers. Theme: Pie Night. Ozzie Pearl calling. The Tevlins cueing.
- Ballroom Dance — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday. Moose Lodge, 2425 N. Illinois St., Swansea. Music by The Renditions.
- Evolution Elite Basketball Club tryouts — Registration 2:30 p.m. Tryouts 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Belleville East High School, 2555 West Blvd., Belleville. For high school boys. Evolution Elite Basketball Club is non-profit and seeking volunteer coaches and trainers. For further information: email@example.com.