Angie Lang, an accountant with Martin Financial Services, Inc. in Swansea, recently completed the curriculum and testing required to earn the Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor designation.
Ronald L. Covarrubias of Maryville has joined Interface Construction Corp. in St. Louis as preconstruction-project manager. His responsibilities include preconstruction and project management for the general contracting company. He will also work to expand joint ventures with general contractors and construction managers on larger projects.
Strategic Government Business Consulting Group has added Custom Fabrication & Coatings in Granite City and Brase Construction in Troy as customers.
Anthony Baker and Patrick Fox have joined Gorman & Gorman Home Loans as mortgage bankers. Baker has over three years of sales management experience. Fox has over 20 years combined experience managing financial operations.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
The American Guernsey Association's Distinguished Service Award was recently presented to Audrey Wagner of Marissa at the National Guernsey Award banquet. The award is presented annually to an individual who has devoted much of their life to the betterment of the Guernsey cow and the membership of the American Guernsey Association.
At a ceremony recently to honor graduates of Southwestern Illinois College's Police Academy Session 109, the following were honored:
* Officer Bradley D. Blake of the Shiloh Police Department, accepted the second place Firearms Trophy. He was also the runner up for the Academic Honors award.
* Officer Max w. Boyd, an intern with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, accepted the Jeremy Chambers Top Gun Award. Boyd also received the award for Best Overall Physical fitness.
* Officer Anthony M. Branchini of the Belleville Police Department accepted the Best Defense Tractics award. He was also the runner up for the Most Improved over all in Physical Fitness award.
* Officer Jason M. Davis of the SWIC Public Safety department accepted the third place Firearms Trophy. He was also the runner up for the Defense Tactics award.
*Deputy Jeremy R. Gothard of the Perry County Sheriff's Office accepted the Best Overall Physical Fitness Award.
* Deputy Timothy P. Jablonski of the Perry County Sheriff's Office accepted the Most Improved Physical Fitness award. He was also named Session 109 Class President.
* Brandon K. Strickland, an intern with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, accepted the Academic Honors award.
Karen Hale has joined New Enterprise Academy in O'Fallon as the new preschool teacher.
HSA for America announced that Jim Kinert has joined the company as an insurance agent. He joined in May.
Construction Services 2000, Inc. was ranked 1,869th on the 2009 Inc. 5000, and tenth in the St. Louis metro region. CS2000 is a contractor in the wall and ceiling industry.