Firefighters have extinguished a house fire at 209 Bethal Road and are now working the remaining hot spots as of 11:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Lebanon and Troy crews are assisting O’Fallon crews on scene.
According to O’Fallon fire captain Frank Shewmaker, the fire started in a laundry room fuse box. The first floor of the two-story home was fully involved, and flames also got into the attic ceiling, Shewmaker said.
The occupants of the house got out safely about 8:30 p.m., he said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Shewmaker said the fire caused “pretty significant damage to the house,” but there were no injuries.