A few strong to severe thunderstorms are possible Wednesday and Thursday across most of the area.
A flood warning continues for the Mississippi River affecting Illinois in Grafton, Alton and St. Louis.
Some roads remained closed in the region because of flooding:
▪ Illinois 3 in Chester is closed from Water Street to the Jackson County Line. Cora levee flood gates are closed.
▪ Kaskaskia Street in Chester is closed from Cottage Road to Water Street.
▪ Water Street in Chester is closed from Kaskaskia Street to Illinois 3.
▪ The Chester Bridge remains closed because Missouri 51 is closed on the Missouri side. Officials said they hoped to reopen the bridge Wednesday.
▪ Illinois 100 in Hardin is closed from the Illinois River to Illinois 108 at Kampsville
▪ Illinois 155 in Prairie Du Rocher is closed from Laurent Road to Fish Lake Road. The levee gates are closed.
▪ The Brussels Ferry is closed.
Power was restored to Granite City residents previously without natural gas and electric services because of flooding, according to Ameren Illinois’ outage map. Flooding forced some residents of the Lake Shore Estates mobile home park in Granite City to evacuate their homes last week as power was shut down.
The forecast for the metro-east from the National Weather Service:
Today ... Sunny, with a high near 87. West wind 5 to 14 mph.
Tonight ... Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
Wednesday ... A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
Wednesday Night ... Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Thursday ... Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Thursday Night ... A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 a.m., then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Friday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
Friday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
Saturday ... Sunny, with a high near 76.
Saturday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
Sunday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Sunday Night ... A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.
Monday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.