Metro-East News

Firefighters extinguish small fire at Swansea office building

Firefighters put out a small blaze Tuesday morning at an office building on Old Collinsville Road.

A bathroom exhaust fan caught on fire at 4940 Old Collinsville Road about 9:30 a.m., according to Swansea Fire Chief John McGuire. The fire was contained to the bathroom and caused little damage. No one was injured.

The chief said firefighters were in and out within a half-hour.

An equipment malfunction likely caused the fire, McGuire said.

  Comments