Motorists traveling roads throughout the metro-east this weekend should be aware of several road construction projects currently underway.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, these projects have started or will begin soon:
▪ There will be construction on all four ramps at Interstate 64 and Illinois 4, by Scott Air Force Base. The work will last through Aug. 4, weather permitting. The ramps are still open.
▪ Interstate 270 will be lane restricted between Illinois 3 and the Interstate 55/70/270 interchange. The nighttime restriction will begin Sunday and run through Friday mornings between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m through mid-September. Delays will be expected.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ There will be closures in both directions on Interstate 255 between just north of Route 15 and Route 3. The closures will begin Monday and are expected to be completed by Aug. 11. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
▪ There will be a full closure of the westbound lanes of I-55/70 from Illinois 203 to the I-55/70/64 split in East St. Louis. It will begin at 9 p.m. Aug. 4 and last until 5 a.m. Aug. 7, weather permitting. A detour will direct cars to southbound I-255 west to Interstate 64.
▪ Illinois 160 (South Front Street) between East Schumacher Street and Plum Street in Okawville will be closed from 8 a.m. Aug. 8 through Aug. 10. There will be a detour to guide drivers around the closure.