Metro-East News

Sunny skies expected after morning fog; then rain rolls in for the weekend

Fog and mist could slow the Thursday morning commute for metro-east motorists.

But it should clear up early, leaving partly sunny skies for the rest of the day with a high temperature of 74, according to the National Weather Service.

Overnight, skies will be partly cloudy with a low of 54.

It will be mostly sunny Friday with a high of 77. A few clouds will move into the area Friday night when the low will drop to 57.

Thunderstorms are likely over the weekend.

There is a 40 percent chance of storms Saturday with a high of 76 and a low of 58. On Sunday, there is a 60 percent chance of storms with a high of 73 and a low of 52.

  Comments